MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hi ! 

I intend to do MFA Graphic Design for my masters and am really confused about a particular program.

The VCU arts MFA in Visual communication program. Does someone have any reviews on it?

I am confused if it is going to be graphic design centric or more of a broader visual comm program.

For example in a course like Visual comm workshop, which is a studio course, what kind of work will I do?

Graphic design related to just any medium that visually communicates!

Please help!!

Congrats! Is that one of your top choices?

I've heard good things about the program and the enthusiasm of the graduate students. I'm going to try and make it to grad day in March and make my decision then.

Does Rutgers MFA Visual Arts conduct interviews? If so, did anyone recieve an interview invite yet? Thanks!

I am wondering this, too. Didn't get the rejection email, haven't heard about interview or acceptance. What does it mean???

is anyone here applying for printmaking ?? it seems largely divided between painting and sculpture/new genres

I applied to heavily interdisc programs (background in book arts/printmaking), but as SAIC required a specific department I applied to the Printmedia and am interviewing with them this weekend. 

Has anyone applied to or heard anything from FSU? Florida State University? I'm trying to figure out when they put out acceptance information or interviews!

I interviewed and was accepted to FSU. Acceptance letters went out last Tuesday.

is anyone here applying for printmaking ?? it seems largely divided between painting and sculpture/new genres

I applied in printmaking, but I've posted similar inquiries with very little response.  cecily.brooke is also applying in printmaking. 

SAME uuuuggggghhh. Do they accept without interviews? Waitlist? 

Don't know anything aside from my own experience, but I was notified of being accepted to Rutgers about a week ago. Did not interview.

Edited by bannedinbc

This is random, but did any of you read and study art theory while in undergrad? 

I didn't and I'm slightly freaking out about it. I was a graphic design major during undergrad, so I'm way behind in art theory and art history. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...

Anyone have any books they'd recommend for those of us who need to play catch up?

Edited by Vinny51