MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Got waitlisted for VCU painting.  She said I was number 4 on the list...is that even worth hoping for?

Tyler's portal application was updated with results

TU-portal is down today.  Has anyone been accepted to Tyler for painting yet?  I was interviewed, now just waiting.

Email from Carnegie Mellon- rejection. ):

Looks like I'll be moving to the West Coast come fall!

Hey, I'm so sorry about the rejection from CMU.. I got one too. :( And btw, does your Slideroom say "Fall 2015 CMU MFA Sort"?  

*My rejection letter was addressed to 2 people, so I just wanted to verify that I'm really rejected (I most likely am, it's just that the addressed to 2 people in one e-mail part throws me off a little)  

Edited by Pulsar

Hey, I'm so sorry about the rejection from CMU.. I got one too. :( And btw, does your Slideroom say "Fall 2015 CMU MFA Sort"?  

Yes, my slideroom does indeed say this. It is quite odd to have your letter addressed to multiple recipients. good luck with your other schools/endeavors!

Got waitlisted for VCU painting.  She said I was number 4 on the list...is that even worth hoping for?

TU-portal is down today.  Has anyone been accepted to Tyler for painting yet?  I was interviewed, now just waiting.

How did you find out you were waitlisted? I wonder when they are sending out rejection letters...

Yes, my slideroom does indeed say this. It is quite odd to have your letter addressed to multiple recipients. good luck with your other schools/endeavors!

Thank you for letting me know. And best of luck to you as well! 

How did you find out you were waitlisted? I wonder when they are sending out rejection letters...

I was interviewed by VCU earlier this month, and was told decisions would be made at the end of the month.  Got the email yesterday that they like my work and want to keep me on the waitlist.  

I would assume that if you haven't interviewed, and haven't heard back at least something by now...that it is a nope...I'm sorry.

This anticipation game is killing my nerves.

I was interviewed by VCU earlier this month, and was told decisions would be made at the end of the month.  Got the email yesterday that they like my work and want to keep me on the waitlist.  

I would assume that if you haven't interviewed, and haven't heard back at least something by now...that it is a nope...I'm sorry.

This anticipation game is killing my nerves.

Yeah i know its a no but it's like just tell me already VCU

Preparing for SAIC interview tomorrow. My paintings are 30x24 in size. do you think they are too large to bring with? I know they project your portfolio and encourage you to bring smaller works if possible. Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

30x 24 inches ? Seems on the smaller scale to me[/quote

Oh I agree, completely manageable but didn't want to attract any strange looks from other students, interviewees, and faculty. Just being paranoid

That's around the size I'm bringing. I would assume it's fine as long as it's not cumbersome to bring in/set up/display

Sounds good. Forum members still meeting after the event tonight?

Milkyways,  you are rocking it, congrats! I have still yet to hear a peep from Carnegie Mellon. Maybe a good sign, who knows?! Did anyone from there look at your LinkedIn profile by chance? 

Preparing for SAIC interview tomorrow. My paintings are 30x24 in size. do you think they are too large to bring with? I know they project your portfolio and encourage you to bring smaller works if possible. Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

I hope it went well today; I really like your work!

Has anyone heard from University of Illinois? Anything? 

Chicago or Urbana Champaign? If its the latter I haven't heard anything, but I called a while ago and was told that they were making final decisions at the end of February. I asked if they do interviews and she said usually only for international applicants but it depends. 

Milkyways,  you are rocking it, congrats! I have still yet to hear a peep from Carnegie Mellon. Maybe a good sign, who knows?! Did anyone from there look at your LinkedIn profile by chance? 

Thanks! you're doing pretty well yourself :)

I hope to hear from them soon, February is over and we need to make our decisions now ! I do not have a linked in account nor keep track of my website visitors, so I can't really tell if they have viewed my profile. My first thought was actually that there might have been something wrong with my application, for it's odd to get notice of some rejections but no interviews...let's hope it's a good sign as you say.

Edited by Milkyways

Thanks! you're doing pretty well yourself :)

I hope to hear from them soon, February is over and we need to make our decisions now ! I do not have a linked in account nor keep track of my website visitors, so I can't really tell if they have viewed my profile. My first thought was actually that there might have been something wrong with my application, for it's odd to get notice of some rejections but no interviews...let's hope it's a good sign as you say.

I haven't heard anything from CMU either. Do you guys know if they do interviews for all potential candidate? Their website mentions nothing about interview but to me it seems odd not to do interviews for a program with only 6 people a year.

I haven't heard anything from CMU either. Do you guys know if they do interviews for all potential candidate? Their website mentions nothing about interview but to me it seems odd not to do interviews for a program with only 6 people a year.

You & Milkyways echo my own thoughts exactly. That CMU…keeping us guessing. This entire process is like a reeeeally expensive dating game.

Edited by Marchy

You echo my own thoughts exactly. That CMU…keeping us guessing. This entire process is like a reeeeally expensive dating game.

From the results section I can see that interview requests have been sent in previous years, even if I can't recall seeing information about interviews on their website. 

Actually just having taken a second look at previous years' results, I felt a little less optimistic about the situation :/ 

Edited by Milkyways