MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I've been creepin heavy on this forum -

Anyone hear back from UW Seattle outside the 3d4m realm?

How about RIT or Syracuse outside of Photo?

Thus far accepted to Davis - SMFA

Interviewing with Purchase - anyone else?

Yes, had an interview with UW photomedia. Haven't heard back since....the website says they'll make their decision by email/post late March. Guess it's not late enough?

Do you guys know if schools release admission decisions in spring break? Can't think of a week without the hope of hearing something! I know that UT Dallas won't release anything on the spring break.

Just got a rejection notification from SAIC via email.  Offered a spot in their Post Bac program, but I'll probably decline.  Can't justify the extra debt. 

Damn.  Looks like I'll be trying again next year.  4th time is the charm, right? 

haven't heard from SAIC at all. no rejection no interview. ugh sooo nerve racking. i just want to know

Oh so VCU invites everyone to their summer program? PFTTTT. That's super lame. lol. I got invited to that too but I sorta laughed it off.

Does anyone here know much about Boston University? It has given the best financial offer so far.

I've been rejected from MICA (they basically told me I wouldn't get in though I got an interview.) , from Viriginia Commonwealth, and from Rutgers University.

I've been accepted into Syracuse University, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art, and Boston University.

Interviewed by Rhode Island School of Design and decision still pending.

I've basicaly heard from everyone by now. Except haven't gotten the official decision from MICA, I had to email and ask VCU before they really told me, and again, RISD I think just had its in person interviews so they are still deciding.

Sometimes emailing them and asking can work. :)

Hey does anyone here know much about Boston University's painting program?

It just seems like a lot of people haven't applied to this program?

I was also accepted to BU this week!  The MFA Painting program at BU has a very strong reputation and from the research I've done, is held in pretty high regard amongst "painter's painters" and academics although it does fly a little under the radar.  The program is very rigorous and studio intensive.  They have distinguished faculty including John Walker who is their current department head.  Other notable faculty include Dushko Petrovich (also teaches at Yale and RISD), Hugh O'Donnell, Richard Ryan, and Gideon Bok. Also Brice Marden is an alum which is pretty cool although some would say he honed his sensitivities at Yale. 

John Walker is known to be pretty hands on and often invites his first year MFA students to his property in Maine to paint plein air.  From what I understand, the studios are large and the resources/facilities are excellent. Another huge plus is that their tuition is much lower than other MFA programs at other comparable private institutions. You also have the option to study at their campus in Venice, Italy for 6 weeks during the summer. 

As you can tell, BU was my first choice and I'm very excited for the fall! 

Edited by Maya31

Got offered spot at saic painting/drawing via phone call.

Also got more or less rejected from vcu haha

Did everyone hear back from VCU today???? I still haven't heard a thing (good, bad, or this summer program offer)

Did everyone hear back from VCU today???? I still haven't heard a thing (good, bad, or this summer program offer)

Yes I heard back from VCU but I had to email them asking about it. I haven't heard officially from them, no.

I was rejected but invited to the summer program. I dont' know if they invite everyone to that or not, but I'm not doing it lol.

I haven't heard peep from the schools I applied, aside from Temple. 

When did you guys hear about your admissions decisions? I'm specifically curious about Alfred and RISD (sculpture). 

I didn't hear back from them for an interview so I'm getting increasingly nervous. 

Not me, but a friend of mine received her letter of acceptance (by post) for Alfred sculpture 3 weeks ago. 

RISD is going to be later in the month I think. I had an early interview (skype) because I couldn't make it for the in person interviews. I am assuming it will be before April 1st. I think they just had their in person interviews this week or last week....(probably this week since it's spring break week).

I am not expecting to get in LOLLLLLLLLLLLL :DDDD. But I can hope.

Edited by KSuverkrubbe

I was also accepted to BU this week!  The MFA Painting program at BU has a very strong reputation and from the research I've done, is held in pretty high regard amongst "painter's painters" and academics although it does fly a little under the radar.  The program is very rigorous and studio intensive.  They have distinguished faculty including John Walker who is their current department head.  Other notable faculty include Dushko Petrovich (also teaches at Yale and RISD), Hugh O'Donnell, Richard Ryan, and Gideon Bok. Also Brice Marden is an alum which is pretty cool although some would say he honed his sensitivities at Yale. 

John Walker is known to be pretty hands on and often invites his first year MFA students to his property in Maine to paint plein air.  From what I understand, the studios are large and the resources/facilities are excellent. Another huge plus is that their tuition is much lower than other MFA programs at other comparable private institutions. You also have the option to study at their campus in Venice, Italy for 6 weeks during the summer. 

As you can tell, BU was my first choice and I'm very excited for the fall! 

Thank you ! Thank you! It's great to hear about it.

I live in Texas so I haven't been able to really go see. I also have circumstances shall we say in which I can't really go visit . I'm honestly going in a bit blind (I know, dedicating 2 years of my life and I'm going in blind) . It sounds very exciting. Boston University was definitely one of my better choices, because of the great student work I saw (and was amazed by ).  I didn't even think I would get in.

I am a painter :) so yay!

Is there anyplace you know in which I can get in contact with other incoming or existing art students there? I would like to be able to maybe make some contacts since I live so far away (and know no one there lol).