MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I did on 3/9.

I interviewed at nyu and found out I was accepted via email last Friday from the head of dept and officially from the school yesterday.

Edited by Meowmers

University of Washington painting people! I called the advising office and the lady on the phone said decisions should be sent out on the 20th.

Good to know! Hopefully good news will come our way!

Brilliant! Thank you! Did either of you interview / how did they go? I'm anxious about this one!

Brilliant! Thank you! Did either of you interview / how did they go? I'm anxious about this one!

I did not have an interview.  I don't think the painting department does interviews but I could be wrong.

I interviewed at nyu and found out I was accepted via email last Friday from the head of dept and officially from the school yesterday.

what? thats..impossible.. how did u get that?

because the chair said they are having a spring break, and they havent even finished the interview until last saturday. no offense just wondering how could u hear from them last friday..

but Congrats!

what? thats..impossible.. how did u get that?

because the chair said they are having a spring break, and they havent even finished the interview until last saturday. no offense just wondering how could u hear from them last friday..

but Congrats!

Yeah I don't know I was surprised too

Yeah I didn't get an interview either. I didn't think they were doing them.

I did not have an interview.  I don't think the painting department does interviews but I could be wrong.

Relief. I didn't think they were either. I may just be a bit on edge over the whole process, haha. 

Received an acceptance email from USC Roski this afternoon. More information and official paperwork to follow in the next couple of days. 

Congrats! Can I assume that you had an interview with them?

Edited by Coreythegiraffe

Congrats! Can I assume that you had an interview with them?

Kinda? I had an "informal conversation" with the Vice Dean last week, but we talked almost exclusively about the transition the program is going through and very little about my work. Milkyways and I were discussing our respective conversations a couple of pages back if you're interested. 

congrats dryheat! here's hoping that things aren't as messed up over there as the rumours suggest

Thanks! At this point, I honestly have no idea what to make of the rumors or the state of things down there. It definitely seems like a very different program than the one I visited six months ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're struggling or that I would have a negative, tumultuous experience there. Still, a lot to process. 

How did you find this out? I got wait listed too.... :(

My application says waitlisted but Mark emailed me today about my acceptance. Maybe you got in too ! Not sure how accurate that info on the site is after that

NYU Tisch or NYU Stienhardt? What day did you interview...I was there 3/9 maybe we ran into each other, Stienhardt that is.

Congrats it is a freaking awesome school.

Edited by tdevo412

Received an acceptance email from USC Roski this afternoon. More information and official paperwork to follow in the next couple of days. 

Congrats dude. I was waitlisted :/ , but I had already made up my mind about where I'm going so I don't feel too bad. I don't think the Dr Dre thing will be too bad at the end of the day. Cheers!

Ugh I know. It's a crapshoot. Factoring in what rank the presenter is in, how well they do presenting us, etc. My heart keeps skipping beats thinking about it.

Milkyways- didn't mean to freak you out, lol.

I escaped from the grad cafe for a whole day after reading your post :)

Anyone on here going to PAFA for sure?

I'm pretty sure I am NOT going to PAFA.

I could change my mind possibly .mainly if someone magically offered to let me live with them for free. Any offers? LOL

also apparently I am an alternate for MICA. wooh alternate. (I don't think that's the same thing as waitlisted,since admittance isn't guranteed).