MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Painting. Photo should be out by tomorrow

Thanks for the response! I saw that another photo person had an interview (and I did not) so I’ve been expecting a rejection anyway. The waiting is just the worst part haha. 

Yale plans to email out the financial aid estimates early-mid next week, they said the 25th at the latest.

This info is in response to an email, so that's not official....  

On a random side note, I want to put in a plug for Bard's program. The interview with faculty and campus visit really impressed me, as did the other interviewees.

Edited by kick87

Wait listed at risd as well. I'm going to call to see how the waitlist is formatted and get (hopefully) a better sense of what exactly it means

Just found out I'm on RISD's waitlist. Don't know what number yet. Anyone else here back? 

How did you guys find out you were wait-listed at RISD? Email, phone call, or mail? 

I heard by email, from the School of art- Painting program. I hope you get in though! =)

I still haven't gotten anything from VCU.  checked my spam, refreshed a few times... wonder what the deal is?  Guess I'll run downstairs and check the mailbox while I'm at it.  

I still haven't gotten anything from VCU. checked my spam, refreshed a few times... wonder what the deal is? Guess I'll run downstairs and check the mailbox while I'm at it.

Nothing from VCU here either-and when I emailed I was told we would know this week...but who knows anymore. Ready for rejection anyway but tell me already!

I emailed VCU sculpture about an hour ago to ask about the status of my application.  They responded within minutes.  Rejection. I already knew it but I wanted to hear it for sure. Congrats if you got in! Its a great program. 

Waitlisted to Hoffberger... again.  Got a nice handwritten note from Chris, though.  He's a good dude.  Anyone thinking of declining? :-/

Talking to the director of SAIC's Post Bac tomorrow about funding.  If they offer me something decent and MICA falls through, I might go.  I loved that place. 

Still waiting on official rejections from RISD, VCU, and SVA.  It's been a long, torturous few months.   :(

Hey Kelly, how is the Post Bac program at SAIC structured? Is it some sort of hybrid between a bfa and an mfa? 

From what I understand, the Post Bac is structured very much like the MFA, with the exception being that it's only a year long (obviously) and you only get to chose one advisor instead of two.  The Post Bac studios are mixed in with the MFA studios, so there's lots of intermingling between programs, which I thought was cool.  You take one elective undergrad level class in whatever discipline you choose, the rest is pretty much self directed studio time, theory and art history.  I've been out of school for five years, so although I'm disappointed I didn't make it into the MFA program, there's no denying that I could benefit tremendously from being re-immersed in that world before going onto the MFA.  

Funding is not great. There are some merit scholarships, but they don't cover a whole lot and I got the feeling that they were few and far between.  

And obviously there's no guarantee that you'll be accepted into SAIC's MFA program after completing the Post Bac, but they did say that some years there has been an 80-90% acceptance rate. Also, a lot of people go on from the Post Bac to get incredible funding at other schools. 

It was mentioned that I was an ideal candidate for the Post Bac because I "didn't go to art school", which honestly kind of shocked me, even though I guess they're right.  I went to a tiny liberal arts school, but the art program was super intense, and I received a fantastic education there... I guess on paper it doesn't look as good as going to MICA or Tyler, but I wouldn't change a thing.   

Soooo... Yeah.  I'll see what kind of funding they come up with.  I'd love to go, but I don't think I can afford it. 

Does anyone have any info regarding the vcu summer program? Is it worth the money?

i went there two years ago; if you need motivation to get your studio practice in shape then it's a great program. it got me into grad school, but you only get out what you put in. they do give out one full scholarship each summer though..