MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

My Slideroom says 'Fall 2015 CMU MFA Program'. Is that what yours says too?

Just called Marchy. We're enemies officially XD just kidding. Apparently they need to contact our recommenders before assigning an interview, or that's what I understood. Let's hope we all get in. :)

Keni also said we should hear from someone called "kim back" lol and for now, we only can wait

Edited by Milkyways

Has anyone been accepted to Rutgers Visual Arts program? My application status says "no decision"... Im assuming wait list maybe?

I also have the same with Rutgers, I think it means they haven't decided yet. otherwise it should say "waitlist" no? or did you hear of people who got accepted / interview invitations? When you click on the "No Decision" it opens a window that tells you to be patient.. :)

For those, like me, who are on the wait list for Ohio State University, here is something to consider:

I contacted OSU to see what my rank was on the wait list, however, I was told that they don't do a ranked alternate system. Departmental, if someone from say, sculpture, decides not to attend after being accepted, then the alternates will be considered, but not in any particular priority order... hopefully that makes sense...

Edited by Coreythegiraffe

For those, like me, who are on the wait list for Ohio State University, here is something to consider:

I contacted OSU to see what my rank was on the wait list, however, I was told that they don't do a ranked alternate system. Departmental, if someone from say, sculpture, decides not to attend after being accepted, then the alternates will be considered, but not in any particular priority order... hopefully that makes sense...

U of Chicago's wait list is the same way. They want a diverse group of students, so the type of work the person who declines admission makes will determine who on the wait list is offered their spot.

U of Chicago's wait list is the same way. They want a diverse group of students, so the type of work the person who declines admission makes will determine who on the wait list is offered their spot.

Sounds like a smart way to curate a group of people, but I'm not sure if makes me optimistic that a spot will be thrown my way...

Just called Marchy. We're enemies officially XD just kidding. Apparently they need to contact our recommenders before assigning an interview, or that's what I understood. Let's hope we all get in. :)

Keni also said we should hear from someone called "kim back" lol and for now, we only can wait

Ha!! You're funny. Way to be proactive. Feel better? Hope so! More waiting….trying not stress eat. ;)

Sounds like a smart way to curate a group of people, but I'm not sure if makes me optimistic that a spot will be thrown my way...

My feeling exactly. Kinda seems like everyone who interviewed and wasn't immediately offered admission might be on the wait list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very interesting! How smart of you to know that. Did you ask them?

Acceptance letter from SFAI. Funding information yet to come.

Congrats Valoia!! If I may ask, did you receive acceptance via postal mail or email? 

I also have the same with Rutgers, I think it means they haven't decided yet. otherwise it should say "waitlist" no? or did you hear of people who got accepted / interview invitations? When you click on the "No Decision" it opens a window that tells you to be patient.. :)

Thanks Lila! I have heard of some people getting rejections, but haven't seen anyone on here with interviews or acceptances. Best of Luck!

Ha!! You're funny. Way to be proactive. Feel better? Hope so! More waiting….trying not stress eat. ;)

I'll lose the pounds I've gained after I know where I'm going. For know indulging in all sorts of chocolate and fat. And yeah it felt good :)

I just emailed Ian to ask for more info about the g.a. stipend/remission and how those funds are distributed. I believe that the 3 g.a. term offering is typical, mine is the same. I just inquired about how many FTE hours that translates to which will give a better idea of income. I was also offered a non-resident scholarship for the terms that I won't be teaching. The funding isn't great but honestly, I was expecting less after my interview (when I asked about funding he essentially told me about the g.a. stipend and remission, but didn't mention this additional scholarship so I'm not sure how many of those they offer up). 

Considering my other offer was a full tuition remission I'm definitely feeling that same anxiety! but I definitely want to go to the right school for me instead of choosing based solely on funding. Did you get in to any other schools (yet)?

WOW - full tuition at your other school? (Florida State, right?) That's amazing, congratulations! I will email Ian in the next week to know more about the GA details as well, but if you're willing to share what you find out I'd really appreciate it.

I have been accepted to some other programs (I finally figured out the signature thing....can I go to grad school now? ha) and am really overwhelmed at the options. PSU is still a hot contender, but I got a really generous financial package from MCAD in Minneapolis yesterday, so they are back on the table as well. I'd really love to touch base if we both end up choosing PSU - it'll be such a tiny cohort! 

I have spent the last half hour crying and shaking. Accepted to University of Michigan with full tuition waiver and generous stipend. Can't believe it.

YES YES YES YES YES CONGRATS YES YES YES!!!

this is such exciting news and must be VERY well deserved, cause UofM is serious business!

Bask in your own glory for a while! * * * * * 

Anyone hear anything from SAIC Sculpture today? Or any of the SAIC departments?

Nothing yet. I interviewed with the Painting dept on Sunday. I think it well but you never know...

Anyone hear anything from SAIC Sculpture today? Or any of the SAIC departments?

I've received admit letter of A & T last week and designed object today. There are some departments require interview and some not.

Nothing yet. I interviewed with the Painting dept on Sunday. I think it well but you never know...

Hey there. :) yea, I heard that programs that were part of the big interview day this last weekend will start calling to accept people this week (at least sculpture and fibers), but I imagine this could probably apply to other departments too....

Faculty and admissions officers confirmed it for me! Good luck!

Edited by Leahdog