MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

i just called SVA and wondered why i havent heard anything from them. and guess what, they said they didnt get my official transcrpit, so my application is not even been looked yet. But why the F**K they didnt email me about this earlier? if i didnt call them today, i ll never know the reason why i get rejected. because if i didnt fully complete the the application form, it wont even let me submit it.  but my application is submit, and they say they need my transcript? wtf? i know some ppl already heard the decision from SVA, do u guys think they ll review my application? i just sent out my official transcript online. HELP

Okay guys, here's some news: just called VCU sculpture and they're still putting out requests for sculpture interviews and they will continue putting them out until the end of next week.

:) I'm tentatively hopeful :)

whaaaa??

whaaaa??

Yea, it's true.... And someone that applied last year said that VCU sculpture puts out requests over time into March.... So this just confirms that!... Unless the person I talked to didn't know what they were talking about, but she said she looked it up on her computer.

Edited by Leahdog

i just called SVA and wondered why i havent heard anything from them. and guess what, they said they didnt get my official transcrpit, so my application is not even been looked yet. But why the F**K they didnt email me about this earlier? if i didnt call them today, i ll never know the reason why i get rejected. because if i didnt fully complete the the application form, it wont even let me submit it.  but my application is submit, and they say they need my transcript? wtf? i know some ppl already heard the decision from SVA, do u guys think they ll review my application? i just sent out my official transcript online. HELP

Well now I know why I haven't heard from them at all. This must be why.

Well that's nerve racking! Did they tell you how we'll find out--seems like they're into snail mail? 

Some people wrote that they got rejections via e-mail, and one was accepted via phone..  

Okay guys, here's some news: just called VCU sculpture and they're still putting out requests for sculpture interviews and they will continue putting them out until the end of next week.

Hmmmmm.  I got a different answer.  I vote we go with your news, Leahdog!!!  Maybe some folks who were accepted chose different schools.  Who knows?  Best of luck!

Well that's nerve racking! Did they tell you how we'll find out--seems like they're into snail mail? 

Yeah...I got nervous and didn't ask! But looking at past years results, its seems like they mail stuff...

Some people wrote that they got rejections via e-mail, and one was accepted via phone..  

I'm hoping rejection via e-mail and acceptance/waitlist via snail mail. seems like the acceptance by phone was an outlier?

I just tried calling them and got a voice-mail that they are out of the office due to a staff holiday...when did you call them today?

I was doing really well as far as curbing my nerves for saic up till tonight...Eeeek, tomorrow will probably be even worse!

You hear anything from SAIC yet? Anxiously waiting for a phone call. Really like your portfolio btw. good luck!

I just tried calling them and got a voice-mail that they are out of the office due to a staff holiday...when did you call them today?

ugh sorry, i mean yesterday. i called them today too, and they are closed for some stupid staff holiday. i guess i ll just try to call them on monday again. but the thing is, if you call the grad office, only the student staff will anwser the phone, and they cant explain anything. ugh, it drives me crazy

I GOT INTO SAIC !! Oli was the one to call me too :) he was my favorite faculty on my panel !

derp (ha), if I got in i KNOW you will too !!

congrats! what discipline did you apply to?

I GOT INTO SAIC !! Oli was the one to call me too :) he was my favorite faculty on my panel !

derp (ha), if I got in i KNOW you will too !!

Congratulations!! I haven't heard anything yet..thanks for the kind words c:

Am I the only one that thinks this is odd? Strange! Why so late? Why?

I just got it this afternoon, right after I made my last posting here. Check your email, you might have gotten yours too. Mine is at 4:25.

Carterjohnson! Mine is at 4:25 as well, lol but for painting :) Did they require you to print out images as well? Would people print on professional paper?

I am kind of nervous!  :unsure: