Clinical Psychology Ph.D. applicant thread Fall 2015

hummm

Ive applied to VCU, DEPAUL, and GA STATE clinical/community programs. I know that VCU is pretty much out, according to the results search the other two schools have sent their letters out too. Should i go ahead and assume i didn't get accepted?

Ive applied to VCU, DEPAUL, and GA STATE clinical/community programs. I know that VCU is pretty much out, according to the results search the other two schools have sent their letters out too. Should i go ahead and assume i didn't get accepted?

Can't speak for the others, but I did apply to GA State. Since it has been a few weeks since anyone posted about GASU interviews I am just assuming my application was rejected/figuring the chance I will hear anything positive from them is VERY small. I do understand why some people say you shouldn't assume until you definitely hear you are rejected though--The PI I worked for last year wasn't happy with anyone she interviewed initially but really wanted a student, so she went back through the applications she had initially rejected for interviews and ended up accepting 2 of those people. You never know I guess. This waiting period sucks though! Good luck.

Edited by AliasJane2342

Anyone heard from Harvard, Yale, UCLA, University of Oregon, or University of Arizona?

---

UC Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, UCLA, University of Oregon, University of Arizona, Northwestern, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Colorado-Boulder 

(Applied: 9/9)

Interviewed: 1/9)

(Accepted: 0/14)

(Rejected: 3/9)

Anyone heard from Harvard, Yale, UCLA, University of Oregon, or University of Arizona?

Harvard hasn't made decisions

---

UC Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, UCLA, University of Oregon, University of Arizona, Northwestern, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Colorado-Boulder

---

UC Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, UCLA, University of Oregon, University of Arizona, Northwestern, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Colorado-Boulder 

Emailed my POI, UCLA has sent all invites already. Sorry for the bad news. Was rejected as well  :(

---

I think University of Oregon had their interviews last weekend.

Hi guys, just saw this awesome website. I am also waiting on replies. I just wish that people would let you know sooner if you have been rejected. I applied to only three universities: University at Buffalo, University of Tennessee Knoxville and Fairleigh Dickinson University. I haven't heard from any of them. My application status for UTK says that it's still under review. Same for University at Buffalo. No idea what is going on with Fairleigh Dickinson University. This whole process is nerve-racking.

Hi guys, just saw this awesome website. I am also waiting on replies. I just wish that people would let you know sooner if you have been rejected. I applied to only three universities: University at Buffalo, University of Tennessee Knoxville and Fairleigh Dickinson University. I haven't heard from any of them. My application status for UTK says that it's still under review. Same for University at Buffalo. No idea what is going on with Fairleigh Dickinson University. This whole process is nerve-racking.

UTK sent out interviews a little while back. Sorry :(

UTK sent out interviews a little while back. Sorry :(

Well, good to know. They could have had the decency to change the status, so that I don't sit here and keep waiting on a reply.  :angry:

Thanks for the info :)

Hi,

Can those who got interviews for Teachers College share their POI please?

Or- do you know if invites for all POIs were sent?

Thanks!

I am under the impression all the invites have probably gone out. However, I would not hesitate to just call the office directly. At this point I have called many programs to check on the status of their invites and I have not once been asked for my name. Just get yourself some relief and call! (That advice is for everyone.)

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten a few offers for clinical psychology programs (although still waiting on the offer details for most of these programs) and I am wondering how much scope psychology departments/professors have to: increase stipends, offer a sign-on payment, amend research/teaching commitment, offer travel/training expenses?

Overall I am just curious to know how much I can negotiate to improve an offer and, if so, where amendments can be made. Appreciate any feedback anyone has.

Thanks!