Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Yes I did :) I was wait listed on March 10th (I think...whenever the first round of acceptances went out) and accepted on March 31st to York Advanced Standing. 

That's awesome! Congrats!! :)  I'm hoping I hear something soon. I was put on a wait list on March 10 also. Did they send you an email or was it on your myfile? 

Forgot to let everyone know got my rejection from Laurier in the mail when I got back into town today. Was totally expecting it - I only have 1600 or so hours and a B+ average. My LORIS never changed either. Still waiting on U of T but starting to get excited for St. Thomas!

Thanks swrk, I'm just worried about someone opening the mail. I already contacted Angela to make sure they sent to the right address :)

I got mine...I'll have the honours of opening it tomorrow, but it is a big brown envelope!! ^.^

I hope you get yours soon

Got my rejection letter for Laurier. Kinda expected it though considering they are super competitive with experience! So it looks like Laurier decisions have all been sent out. I'm guessing no one has heard about being wait listed or rejected yet from u of t?

That's awesome! Congrats!! :)  I'm hoping I hear something soon. I was put on a wait list on March 10 also. Did they send you an email or was it on your myfile? 

Thanks :) Yesss so you will be close then....some declines and then you could be up! Emma sent me an e-mail and then it said within 24-48 hours it would be on myfile (except mine took only an hour to show up on myfile)

Got my rejection letter for Laurier. Kinda expected it though considering they are super competitive with experience! So it looks like Laurier decisions have all been sent out. I'm guessing no one has heard about being wait listed or rejected yet from u of t?

Sorry to hear that! 

I got the generic rejection letter in the mail from WLU. I also finally got my package from Lakehead University in the mail! 

As for U of T, still nothing. No waitlist. No rejection. No acceptance. 

I hope at this point, the "the news is good news" law in still in effect. 
I also emailed Angela yesterday asking if the admission process is still ongoing or if they sent out all the letters. I didn't hear anything back yet. Will keep all you hopeful souls informed! 

Edited by ShayRonee93

I haven't received mine yet but I'm outside Canada so I am assuming it takes longer. I am sure U of T is done with their acceptances but I wish they would just let us know officially so I can start moving on. I need to book flights and it's killing me to watch the price go up every day!

I still haven't received my package in the mail (I was accepted last week to uoft) anyone else not get it? Starting to panic it was mailed to my old address :(

I'm still waiting for mine too! I'm half scared it won't make it to me - Youdont' know how awful my luck is with canada post. but I will let you know. hopefully today we'll get them

Hello everyone,

I also got my rejection letter from Laurier yesterday. I figured this would happen since my academics were more of my strength, and being a new grad, experience was lacking for what they are looking for.  Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news recently!!! :)

I just wanted to remind everyone of the U of T 2 year M.S.W. facebook group. I am getting new requests everyday so it looks like many have found it, but to all who have recently been accepted, please join us!!!

U OF T- FACTOR INWENTASH M.S.W (2-YEAR) CLASS OF 2017

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418122681835473/

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Sorry to hear that! 

Ah its okay! I kinda expected it I have about 1000-1200 hours and after reading this forum and seeing how many hours people have it definitly made me realize I don't have enough!

Hey everyone...

To anyone who was accepted to Carleton University's MSW program. I'm thinking of starting a group on Facebook. Anyone interested? 

Edited by Robulous

I'm still waiting for mine too! I'm half scared it won't make it to me - Youdont' know how awful my luck is with canada post. but I will let you know. hopefully today we'll get them

I hope so! I moved in January so I have a very strong feeling it was mailed to my old address the person there has been mailing everything back to sender so hopefully if uoft gets it back they will confirm the address. I just want to press accept! :)

Did anyone else here accept their offer from Ryerson? I spoke to the graduate coordinator today and she said that anyone who was offered funding will get details by early this week. But she told me that my funding is a graduate scholarship, so essentially free money :D.

Got accepted to York yesterday! Im over the moon!! Still surprised i didnt get in to York, they are clearly looking for something very specific.

Were you accepted to York's 1 year or 2 year program?? Congrats!

Hi all!

I'm Lorri, i'm a first time poster, but long (embarrassingly long) time reader. I think I was trying to keep my cool by sticking to lurking, but it's really nice to see a bunch of people in the same boat! The past couple weeks have been so high-stress (and i'm definitely over keeping my cool now). 

I applied to both the UofT and WLU 2-year program, and received my WLU rejection yesterday. My plan B is to get a post-grad cert in mental health and re-apply in a year or two. Are we thinking that for UofT it's just waitlist/rejections now?

Congrats to all those who have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting :) 

I got my acceptance package today - albeit soaked from the rain! Woohoo. Going to send off my letter and deposit now haha. They have mentioned sites for new students for tuition and the program - I can't actually find anything for 2015; has this not been updated yet? (Maybe it's still too soon). Anyone else receive theirs?

Hi all!

I'm Lorri, i'm a first time poster, but long (embarrassingly long) time reader. I think I was trying to keep my cool by sticking to lurking, but it's really nice to see a bunch of people in the same boat! The past couple weeks have been so high-stress (and i'm definitely over keeping my cool now). 

I applied to both the UofT and WLU 2-year program, and received my WLU rejection yesterday. My plan B is to get a post-grad cert in mental health and re-apply in a year or two. Are we thinking that for UofT it's just waitlist/rejections now?

Congrats to all those who have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting :)

Welcome to the group Lorri! And yes, this process has been exhausting and very stressful. 

I am just waiting to hear from U of T, and if I don't get in, i'll be heading to my plan B (a post-degree BSW)

I am optimistic that this week (by Friday) they will send out the last of their acceptances, with rejection/waitlists as well. 

Edited by ShayRonee93

Hi everyone,

I have a question for those who have received acceptance packages to U of T. I was wondering if anybody was offered bursaries if you accept to go there.. if so was this offered in your acceptance package? This may be completely wrong, but I thought it was common to be offered some sort of money incentive or even a TA position to attend masters programs. 

Thanks!