Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Thanks smpalesh, MSW-UOfT, espressom & wishingonuoft, having seen anything official mail yet so I'm still nervous. Good luck to you all!

Hun, trust me. I am just graduating in June this year and every summer our Rosi updates to say invited and then when we defer our fees and do all we are suppose to do then it says registered. so after you receive the letter in the mail and it instructs you what to do and you do it, then it will change to registered :). I know what you mean though once you have the letter they can't take it back lolol. thank you by the way. I have also applied for a few post degree BSW because I know my GPA would probably be my hindrance. 

Edited by MSW-UofT

Thanks smpalesh, MSW-UOfT, espressom & wishingonuoft, having seen anything official mail yet so I'm still nervous. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations!!! 

Do you mind if I ask if you are still doing your BSW or are you done?

I am getting so anxious now :(

ah when will U of T send out notifications, at this point I am strongly convinced I did not get into the program which is okay as I have changed my mind about the direction I chose at U of T. But it would be nice to get these notifications so i can move on with my life....lol

Anyone heard from Ryerson or York? 

So I applied to York and UofT and I have nothing from either. There goes my confidence! 

Hi all! Lurker, finally getting an account. I'm here in the anxious/nervous waiting boat with y'all, applied to 2 year MSW's at U of T, Laurier, and Laurentian (anyone else??!), and 1 year post degree BSW's at Lakehead (TBay) and St. Thomas (in NB!). I've got my conference call interview with St. Thomas tomorrow and I am so nervous, was hoping to see if anyone else had done the same but it doesn't look like it.

Anyways, I'll just be here, obsessively checking my email from now until April. Gah, why is it so far away?!? I'm so fed up with writing essays for my current degree, who cares about the Spanish Civil War when in two months I may be on my way to being a social worker!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm having problems logging into ROSI.

I applied to U of T's advanced MSW in the mental health and health stream, and haven't had my status change on the SGS page (still under review).

I tried logging into ROSI using the applicant number I got when I first replied, which is 2014########. Is my student number only the numbers following the 2014? Is there a whole other number somewhere? 

Any help would be really awesome! I'd love to get some info! :D

cheekss - my boss (at the job I had before my 4th year BSW practicum) went to UBCO. She loved it and said it really prepared her to be a therapist. Her speciality is family therapy. She said the program was smaller so she did not just feel like a number, and the faculty members are fantastic. The campus is new and they share a clinic with the clinical psychology students where you actually get clients from the community and practice clinical work with them. The clinic is well equipped with one-way mirrors and microphones and everything. This would totally be my dream program if they allowed me to do my practicum at the same time as my coursework (Sept-April).

Thanks a lot.. that is awesome!! I did see a video of the interprofessional clinic online - it looks really cool. Good luck making your decision! I have been trying to convince myself that being there for the extra few months isn't a big deal. Some days it seems better than others.  

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm having problems logging into ROSI.

I applied to U of T's advanced MSW in the mental health and health stream, and haven't had my status change on the SGS page (still under review).

I tried logging into ROSI using the applicant number I got when I first replied, which is 2014########. Is my student number only the numbers following the 2014? Is there a whole other number somewhere? 

Any help would be really awesome! I'd love to get some info! :D

I just figured this out tonight! Log into the place where you applied (the apply.sgs.whatever page) and look in your profile information, your student number should be listed there. Mine is 10 numbers, and is different than my 2014#### one.

Then your pin is your birthday, YYMMDD (I believe). That should get you logged into a page where you have to change your pin, then you're in!

I just figured this out tonight! Log into the place where you applied (the apply.sgs.whatever page) and look in your profile information, your student number should be listed there. Mine is 10 numbers, and is different than my 2014#### one.

Then your pin is your birthday, YYMMDD (I believe). That should get you logged into a page where you have to change your pin, then you're in!

Thanks - I was able to get in! Would the information about being invited be on the home page? Right now, under Registration, it says "no registration history"

Thanks - I was able to get in! Would the information about being invited be on the home page? Right now, under Registration, it says "no registration history"

I applied for the two-year and that's what mine says too. I think that means you haven't gone to U of T yet and so that is the same as no decision made yet. It's basically a nothing. So there is still hope!

Also just noticed your username, I knit too! :)

Hey all, I just joined this group. I applied for advanced standing MSW at 3 schools. I just got a letter from Laurier, not accepted. My grades were all a's, but I don't have the work experience. The letter cited 2-4 years experience for most applicants, with 3500 hours being for a two year term. This is definitely discouraging for my two other applications! When people start hearing from York and U of T do they mind sharing? I believe we won't be hearing from either until Mid-March and with the possible strike action at both schools this could be delayed.

My U of T still says under review, but it is a little discouraging that people have already heard back yet! Congrats to those who got in. Take some deep breaths of relief :)

Edited by Unknown13

I finally heard from Carleton today, around 4:15pm. I have been accepted and offered the same funding as Bagheera!

How much funding did they give you? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the cost of living in Ottawa for two years.

How much funding did they give you? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the cost of living in Ottawa for two years.

Only 4k ... Over the course of the program. So, 1k per semester. Not the greatest but better than nothing. I've lived in Ottawa since fall 2011 .. When I moved from waterloo to Ottawa for my MA. Cost of living isn't cheap but probably similar to Toronto. Depends on the area! The real concern is the hellish winters..!! Lol

Hey there!

For the one year program at Windsor first round acceptances went out at the beginning of February but I know there are still tons of people still waiting to hear back so don't stress!

I know first round acceptances were sent out already for Waterloo so we should for sure hear back by next week from them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Western though. It's for sure my dream school, but I love how Waterloo is health focused so the program sounds amazing, so Windsor is just my back up option so to speak.

I'm obsessively checking my phone to see if I have any admission decisions!

:)

Good luck to us both!

I applied to the Windsor for working professionals program so the final due date for applications isn't till May so they do rolling admissions..so my application wasn't even in yet when first round of acceptances went out...not sure if the acceptances were for the "msw for working professionals" program or a different one? On my windsor account it doesn't even show that all of my documents have been verified yet even though they emailed me and told me they received them all...so I feel like the wait for that one will be quite some time :( Really hope I didnt get that application in too late as being rolling admissions it's kinda first come first serve in a way.  Hoping to hear back from Waterloo tho-thanks for letting me know it should be by end of next week at least that gives a timeline! :)  My only issue with Waterloo is having to balance the practicum with full time work...I don't work in a health based agency at all I'm in child welfare so I would need to do a practicum somewhere else on top of that and not sure how that will work...

Edited by Jennbe

I feel like these last few days of February are moving at snail's pace, how is the waiting game going for everyone these days? :)

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for rejection or wait-lists. Re-reading the forum from last year a lot of people were wait-listed two years in a row with amazing experience and it is making me very down on my chances. Another year of struggling to find relevant work would be really tough financially and mentally here's hoping for the best :)

I agree, I wish our letters would start arriving! 

Does anyone know for certain whether the strike at U of T will be affecting when the 2 Year applicants receive letters?

I agree, I wish our letters would start arriving! 

Does anyone know for certain whether the strike at U of T will be affecting when the 2 Year applicants receive letters?

I don't think that the strike will affect the admissions committee, they probably aren't a part of that strike because they are most likely tenured or permanent positions. Plus I read somewhere the university will stay open and operational even if a strike does end up happening. 

However, someone did mention earlier in the forum they talked to Angela and she said they were dealing with flooding for a week so I would assume that if they were shut down for a week to deal with that it would push back everything by a week :( which means even longer waiting ... I have already started having dreams/nightmares about letters haha