Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Anyone on here still hoping for U of T? I mostly feel as though that ship has long sailed, but I'm still hanging onto a glimmer of hope...

I completely agree with you ... I'm pretty sure I was not successful, but I still have a tiny glimmer of hope. However, I have already started looking for ways to improve my application for next year, as I am fairly certain at this point I will not be attending grad school in September. That being said, it's not over until we have the rejection letter in our hands!

Hello Beareisland,

I am 100% convinced that there are still letter/notices to go out! 

When I looked at previous years (via the research tab in grad cafe), people weren still being accepted up until the following dates/years for U of T (2-Yr-MSW):

2010: Until April 11

2011: Until April 20

2012: Until Apri 13

2013: Until Apri 19

2014: Until April 15

When I log into the ""http://rosi.utoronto.ca/" website will change to invited! 

Overall, a lot of people have been accepted on this forum, but they accept 140 people for 2-year standing @ U of T! If I were to guess, I would say the last acceptance will be done by this weekend or early next week. Quote on quote, Angela (from admission) says that all admission decisions are done by the middle of April. So, until that date, I will be waiting! 

Also, if anyone ends up getting wait-listed, the first round of acceptance off of the waitlist (according to grad cafe) seem to go out the end of May (around the 25th)! 

So, remain hopeful! :)

It's crazy how they accept only like 17% of applicants but this forum seems to have more like a 50% acceptance rate....makes me wonder if they're honest about how many people apply to make the program look more competitive. Maybe it's just the super committed people who log onto the forum (reverse causation, lol). But I am hoping that they are still going to accept more of us, it's not over until it's over!

It's crazy how they accept only like 17% of applicants but this forum seems to have more like a 50% acceptance rate....makes me wonder if they're honest about how many people apply to make the program look more competitive. Maybe it's just the super committed people who log onto the forum (reverse causation, lol). But I am hoping that they are still going to accept more of us, it's not over until it's over!

I think its because most of us on this forum are keeners, and thus probably the top competitors. 

Question for people who got accepted and their official letter from U of T who are currently finishing their undergrad:

What are the conditions of admission ? 

Thanks! 

Maintain a mid-B average in your final semester and send the transcript with those grades to the faculty as proof of graduation after.

Received an email saying that I have been taken off the wait list and am accepted to the York two year program. Just letting you guys know there is definitely movement happening on the waitlists there already!

wow congratulations! well done

Mine still says no decision yet as well!

Thanks to all who responded! (I don't know how to quote more than one post) ... The second part of this question is: have you received any emails from York saying you are waitlisted/accepted/rejected? I have heard NOTHING from York OR U of T and I'm going nuts! Dexy77 just mentioned that have been accepted off the waitlisted for York 2 Year MSW! Do you think they will be sending out more waitlisted or should I probably consider myself rejected?

Edited by katkatkat

I have looked through the past posts on this form and on average about 5 people have bee accepted to U of T each day they've sent out admissions (March 13, March 24, and April 1) and, all those dates are not consistent with a certain day of the week! So there is literally no predicting what day they send out admissions  :wacko: 

Good news is, for those hopeful souls out there like me, the ROSI site seems to update between 1:00pm-5:00pm if your from the atlantic/east coast. 

Remaining hopefully as this week approaches us!

Thanks to all who responded! (I don't know how to quote more than one post) ... The second part of this question is: have you received any emails from York saying you are waitlisted/accepted/rejected? I have heard NOTHING from York OR U of T and I'm going nuts! Dexy77 just mentioned that have been accepted off the waitlisted for York 2 Year MSW! Do you think they will be sending out more waitlisted or should I probably consider myself rejected?

The email said that myfile doesn't update until 48-72 hours after you receive your acceptance email.

The email said that myfile doesn't update until 48-72 hours after you receive your acceptance email.

Ahh okay thanks for letting me know, dexy77! I kind of figured it would be the other way around! Thanks again!!

Hey all :) I was rejected from york via their website on March 31. I was accepted to Laurier via email at 7:45am on April 1. Still waiting to hear from UofT. Toronto is my number one and I was waitlisted last year but never heard anything after that. I'm trying to remain hopeful for this year but I can't complain because I was accepted to laurier already. Good luck everyone :)

Congrats!! :) 

Hey all :) I was rejected from york via their website on March 31. I was accepted to Laurier via email at 7:45am on April 1. Still waiting to hear from UofT. Toronto is my number one and I was waitlisted last year but never heard anything after that. I'm trying to remain hopeful for this year but I can't complain because I was accepted to laurier already. Good luck everyone :)

Hey :) If anyone is interested in making a Facebook group for Laurier (2year) let me know! I don't mind creating one but I just need to add 1 member while creating it in order for it to work. There are previous previous groups for 2012,13,14,15 and 16 but none for 2017 yet. 

I would be interested :)

Ohhh congrats, Dexy! Do you mind me asking how long they gave you to confirm/deny your acceptance? 

I believe it said 10 business days to confirm or deny.