Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Silence from Ohio State has ended. Received my acceptance this morning via email. Stoked, but it makes my own decision making process much more difficult.

Congrats!!

On the other side of the fence, a school who should have notified by Feb 1 (based on previous years) just notified me that they will not send decisions until the end of Feb.

Is it just my anxiety or are many schools taking longer this year?

Congrats!!

On the other side of the fence, a school who should have notified by Feb 1 (based on previous years) just notified me that they will not send decisions until the end of Feb.

Is it just my anxiety or are many schools taking longer this year?

there seems to be two waves: I got responses to around half of my apps already (a couple are, due to the lack of interview invite, tacit rejections), but the other half won't come out until the end of February/beginning of March. Limbo-land in between. 

Edited by grad_wannabe

Also (sorry for the spam), I noticed UPenn's application site is down/says that it is no longer open. Is this the case for everyone? Does this activity mean decisions are coming out? Thanks for the help! 

Yup! This is what I got.

Sorry! This form is no longer available for you to register.

Historically, it seems like they notify by mid Feb, so this might be an indication that something is moving behind the scenes. 

Yup! This is what I got.

Sorry! This form is no longer available for you to register.

Historically, it seems like they notify by mid Feb, so this might be an indication that something is moving behind the scenes. 

Werd. Thanks! Hope we all hear great things!

Apologies for slightly off-topic discipline, but just had the interview with UCLA Information Studies. Went very well! Short and sweet and supportive all around. Fingers crossed. 

Congrats!

Silence from Ohio State has ended. Received my acceptance this morning via email. Stoked, but it makes my own decision making process much more difficult.

Congrats!! That IS a great problem to have!

Anyone hear from UCSB lately? I'm surprised they haven't released admissions decisions yet.

Silence. I'm waiting on them for film and media.

Decisions for UT Austin's Media Studies program are out!!! Any news on UPenn or NYU?

Is that for the PhD program? I applied for MA and am still waiting...

Apologies for slightly off-topic discipline, but just had the interview with UCLA Information Studies. Went very well! Short and sweet and supportive all around. Fingers crossed. 

Congrats, and good luck!

By the by, is anyone else having issues with the application status check website for Northwestern? Hasn't worked for me in days.

Congrats!! That IS a great problem to have!

Silence. I'm waiting on them for film and media.

Is that for the PhD program? I applied for MA and am still waiting...

Congrats, and good luck!

By the by, is anyone else having issues with the application status check website for Northwestern? Hasn't worked for me in days.

Yes! It was for the Media Studies PhD program.

I received a letter from the program's graduate advisor telling me that I was accepted. It is possible they haven't gotten to everyone yet.

Had you already given an interview or were you accepted without one?

Also, congratulations! :)

Edited by Shae

Had you already given an interview or were you accepted without one?

Also, congratulations! :)

Thank you!

Are you asking about an interview for UT Austin's program? I did not do an interview with them, but to my knowledge that program doesn't generally conduct interviews.

I received a letter from the program's graduate advisor telling me that I was accepted. It is possible they haven't gotten to everyone yet.

Congrats! Did they say how many were accepted? Originally they said something like 6 but you never know

Thanks!

The letter said that only 6 were accepted! In the past I was told it was generally 8 but this year they dropped the number to 6.

Seems a lot of schools (but not all) are cutting back this year, as the applicant pools continue to grow. To be honest, unless something changes, I really feel for the people who will be applying in 3-4 years.