Women's Studies - Fall 2015

Guillaume

Someone in the Sociology thread told me they heard that the department has been super busy and won't be notifying people until today or Monday. So hope may still be alive!

Edited by juiceboxrampage

Well, Monday is a holiday so it would be today  or Tuesday. 

Emory is also very timely with rejection e-mails as well from past year results. Thus, both should come around the same time. Things come up so Emory using "around" means give or take 1-3 business days.

It's a bit unfair that they don't send a rejection email or change our application status online at least, so we don't have the tiniest sliver of doubt about it.

I agree with you on that. I think if you have other programs and you have faculty you want to work with, maybe shoot them a quick refresher e-mail so they can vouch for you that they will work with you. It really can't hurt you, albeit it is a bit sycophantic. 

Well, Monday is a holiday so it would be today  or Tuesday. 

Emory is also very timely with rejection e-mails as well from past year results. Thus, both should come around the same time. Things come up so Emory using "around" means give or take 1-3 business days.

Dear FeministCorgi,

How do you know you've been rejected from Emory?? Did they send you anything? Or you just haven't been contacted to do the interview??

Dear FeministCorgi,

How do you know you've been rejected from Emory?? Did they send you anything? Or you just haven't been contacted to do the interview??

I called grad admissions. If you haven't heard back about an interview (They already made the phone calls) then rejection e-mails should be going out sometime next week  :(

Edited by FeministCorgi

Did anyone apply to Penn State? I'm an English applicant, but I plan to get a grad certificate in WGS. PSU was the only school I applied to that does dual PhDs. It's definitely a reach for me, but I was wondering if there were any other hopefuls out there.

Anyone die hard about the IU-Bloomington program? The three readers for the admissions committee are all women (2 white and 1 WOC) and committed to diversifying the department. It sounds like they will be done with the first round by Jan 30. It's the only school I'm applying to right now. 

Anyone die hard about the IU-Bloomington program? The three readers for the admissions committee are all women (2 white and 1 WOC) and committed to diversifying the department. It sounds like they will be done with the first round by Jan 30. It's the only school I'm applying to right now. 

Oh, how do you know? Did you e-mail?

And yeah, IUB is my top choice. I am secretly a huge fan of Brenda Weber and love her work and it is so closely related to my work. 

Also to the Penn State poster, sorry, did not apply there =(. Best of luck!!!

Edited by FeministCorgi

Oh, how do you know? Did you e-mail?

And yeah, IUB is my top choice. I am secretly a huge fan of Brenda Weber and love her work and it is so closely related to my work. 

Also to the Penn State poster, sorry, did not apply there =(. Best of luck!!!

Yes, I know one of the admission committee members and she told me. And Brenda Weber is amazing - she's also going to be the chair of the department next year. 

Yes, I know one of the admission committee members and she told me. And Brenda Weber is amazing - she's also going to be the chair of the department next year. 

Oh wow, well that means good (or bad) news can be coming by Jan 30th then? That's amazing! I hope we both get in. I really hate the competitive aspect to PhD programs. 

Also, Emory just sent out the rejection e-mails. That makes 3 out of 8 now. Getting discouraged even after a publication and conference presentation.

Yeah, I just got my rejection email from Emory. I find it funny that they didn't even send out a rejection email specific to the program.

I cannot submit my results, though. Is anyone else having trouble with that? It keeps telling me there's an error in my data... I'm getting frustrated repeatedly entering in that I've been rejected.

Yeah, I just got my rejection email from Emory. I find it funny that they didn't even send out a rejection email specific to the program.

I cannot submit my results, though. Is anyone else having trouble with that? It keeps telling me there's an error in my data... I'm getting frustrated repeatedly entering in that I've been rejected.

Oh really, mine had the program at the top of it before my name and at the end it was like "We're sure you have other options."

I find that flattering but I DO NOT HAVE OTHER OPTIONS RIGHT NOW AND FREAKING OUT! 

And I cannot update my results as well. =(

Oh really, mine had the program at the top of it before my name and at the end it was like "We're sure you have other options."

I find that flattering but I DO NOT HAVE OTHER OPTIONS RIGHT NOW AND FREAKING OUT! 

And I cannot update my results as well. =(

Yeah I got that, too. But it's the same email they send to everyone, I think, since it was sent from Laney's Dean instead of someone in the department (and since we got the same one).

For updating results, you can't be any apostrophes. 

Weird.

So you have to put Womens, Gender and Sexuality Studies. 

Huh, I'm glad you knew that! I was so confused. Thanks for the information, I just added mine.

Hey all, I've been avoiding posting for a while, because of lack of news/stress, but there's a Rutgers interview posted in the Results today????

I didn't know Rutgers did interviews (and didn't get an email.) So...darn, I guess.

Hey all, I've been avoiding posting for a while, because of lack of news/stress, but there's a Rutgers interview posted in the Results today????

I didn't know Rutgers did interviews (and didn't get an email.) So...darn, I guess.

Awww, I am sorry to hear that. =(. Yeah, I hate it when schools don't send out rejections and acceptances at the same time (some do but most apparently do not).

Thanks, FeministCorgi, and congrats to folks getting interviews.

Also, I was stalking the Rutgers sociology results (since the WGS results are less numerous), and it looks like in sociology, at least, the interview emails went out over a span of a few days.

So, who knows what's going on in WGS really, I suppose....