Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

omgomgomogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmg

"High on wait list" at USC. Just got the call! <dying of happiness> Hoping other USC applicants on TGC hear the same!

Edit: Was too high on adrenaline after hanging up to remember to add: this is my FIRST CHOICE so I'm ECSTATIC. Also, I posted undergrad GPA as 4.0 but that's my MA GPA.

Boom! Congrats!!!!

I keep waiting for my upvote count to reset so I can upvote as thanks to all but I can't wait anymore. Thanks, everyone :)

It certainly seems like the floodgates are opening in general next week--sending positive energy to all!

Hey -- congrats to the TTU PhD acceptance!!! I don't know who you are, but am looking forward to meeting you! The Creative Writing crew are all pretty great around here. :D

Also -- congrats to the rest of you who got acceptances and/or waitlists today!! 

I'm the TTU PhD acceptance!  Lubbock is a really good fit for me, I think, so I'm really pleased.  I messed up my undergrad GPA on the results board and tried to correct it and now I realize that I reversed my v and q gre scores, but at this point, I'm not going to add another note.  

Edited by catalavaino

I'm the TTU PhD acceptance! Lubbock is a really good fit for me, I think, so I'm really pleased. I messed up my undergrad GPA on the results board and tried to correct it and now I realize that I reversed my v and q gre scores, but at this point, I'm not going to add another note.

Huge congratulations!

omgomgomogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmogmg

"High on wait list" at USC. Just got the call! <dying of happiness> Hoping other USC applicants on TGC hear the same!

Edit: Was too high on adrenaline after hanging up to remember to add: this is my FIRST CHOICE so I'm ECSTATIC. Also, I posted undergrad GPA as 4.0 but that's my MA GPA.

This makes me so happy. You had been so worried! Certainly now you'll get more good news.

I'm the TTU PhD acceptance!  Lubbock is a really good fit for me, I think, so I'm really pleased.  I messed up my undergrad GPA on the results board and tried to correct it and now I realize that I reversed my v and q gre scores, but at this point, I'm not going to add another note.  

Well, that's really exciting! I'm in my first year here, though I'm a medieval lit PhD so my experience would be quite different from yours. I have good friends in the Creative Writing crew and have to say that you would be in good hands. 

Anyone want to claim the SUNY Stony Brook interview?

I didn't apply, but the fantastic Joseph Pequigney is an emeritus professor there. His Such Is My Love is essential reading for anyone with an interest in early modernism and queer theory. It's a fantastic breakdown of the homosexuality in Shakespeare's sonnets. Though my academic focus isn't queer theory, I found his insights fascinating, to say the least, and referenced him a couple of times in my WS.

Hi all!

I was wondering if there were any UW-Madison Comp/Rhet lurkers on here. I've been accepted to the program and would love to talk with anyone else who might have been. And to those who were accepted into the Lit Studies program, I hope to see you at the welcome thingee in March!