Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

I like the idea of an interview. I really like it. I'm just not sure I see the utility. I don't know what information that they don't already have that I could supply that would be helpful in making a decision 

I think what it comes down to is for the Profs to be able to talk to you, and see if you're willing to make the move, regardless of how far or expensive the move may be. I was interviewed in as a late admit last year to Univ. of Washington, and I think that the interview was the main reason I got it as well as the funding.

I saw that UC Davis sent out their admits today. If any of you are considering us and would like to private message me for info, please do so. I'd be more than happy to answer any and ALL of your questions 100% honestly. I wish there had been someone on here for me to ask.

Saw the UNC admit and instantly "throw up in your mouth" feeling from last year. Bummed about UT-Austin...but hoping my UCLA admit is just one of the later ones. Or I'll hit refresh and see something from UNC. 

in the mean time....deep breaths, y'all. Nothing we can do but wait!

Hi, I am the one reporting that admission. My first offer. But it seems the admission process hasn't ended yet.

Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions. :)

Congrats!!! Did you apply early?? Or did you submit your app December 15th? The reason I'm asking is because some programs have rolling admissions and I want to get an idea of the deadlines and admissions :)

Congrats!!! Did you apply early?? Or did you submit your app December 15th? The reason I'm asking is because some programs have rolling admissions and I want to get an idea of the deadlines and admiss

I submit around Dec. 10th. but my materials were complete around the 20th, as my Toefl scores were late:(

Nothing from Rutgers here. Based on previous years, we should hear from Rutgers about interviews pretty soon...

Thanks for the heads-up! Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm just trying to gauge how competitive this year's applicants are.

To the person who has the UCLA acceptance and who was "super shocked. I had 1 publication, 2 under review"... why are you shocked?! That's good experience! Also congrats.

Now to share my own stats, at the request of Starbuck2015; overall I feel pretty average.  GRE: 158 quant, 166 verbal, 5.5 essays; GPA 3.5; no master's degree. But I think that I fit very well with the few programs I applied to, and my best quality is my publication: I was able to publish an article right out of undergrad, in the subfield that I want to pursue for my PhD. So I think that's what makes me most competitive.

To the person who has the UCLA acceptance and who was "super shocked. I had 1 publication, 2 under review"... why are you shocked?! That's good experience! Also congrats.

Now to share my own stats, at the request of Starbuck2015; overall I feel pretty average.  GRE: 158 quant, 166 verbal, 5.5 essays; GPA 3.5; no master's degree. But I think that I fit very well with the few programs I applied to, and my best quality is my publication: I was able to publish an article right out of undergrad, in the subfield that I want to pursue for my PhD. So I think that's what makes me most competitive.

Kudos for the strong GRE scores and the publication! I'm sitting here practically biting my nails because Rutgers has already begun requesting interviews and I have yet to hear from them. I'm hoping that my experience as a master's student at NMSU will help my case, but who knows? Good luck with the rest of the application process!

Kudos for the strong GRE scores and the publication! I'm sitting here practically biting my nails because Rutgers has already begun requesting interviews and I have yet to hear from them. I'm hoping that my experience as a master's student at NMSU will help my case, but who knows? Good luck with the rest of the application process!

Saw in the acceptance thread that all interviews have already been sent out for Rutgers.

Just got a UCLA acceptance. Almost throwing up with excitement at work but I can't tell anyone because work people don't know I applied. Feel free to PM me with questions.

OMG Congrats!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D share your stats!!