Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

In at Princeton

Congrats! Are you the one who has an MPhil from the UK? Mind if I ask where you studied? I'm considering applying for master's degrees in the UK since they have several schools that align well with my interests (culture, social psychology, technology, online/digital studies.)

Congrats! Are you the one who has an MPhil from the UK? Mind if I ask where you studied? I'm considering applying for master's degrees in the UK since they have several schools that align well with my interests (culture, social psychology, technology, online/digital studies.)

Yep, that's me. I did development studies at Cambridge. 

I applied to Columbia and NYU Sociology. Waiting to hear back patiently. Do they do interviews anyone heard anything?

Neither of those schools interviews. Columbia notifies late, in March I think. You can check the results search (eg search NYU sociology) to see when schools have notified in the past.

Has Princeton sent out all their acceptances already?

Today was the first I've seen; in years past it looks like they are very diligent about sending all of their acceptances in a two-day window, and then their rejections a few days later. So it seems like all acceptances from Princeton should be sent out by Tuesday evening.

Do we have any idea which schools we may possibly hear from this week? After looking at the results search from years past, this week seems like it could either be a big one or somewhat dead. Has anyone spoken to schools about when admissions decisions will be released (other than those which have already sent some information out)?

Do we have any idea which schools we may possibly hear from this week? After looking at the results search from years past, this week seems like it could either be a big one or somewhat dead. Has anyone spoken to schools about when admissions decisions will be released (other than those which have already sent some information out)?

It seems that Michigan's decisions come out on January 31st and/or February 1st every year, and so does Penn. And based on previous years, Harvard would probably announce its finalists for interview soon...

Cong! Still haven't heard from Duke :( did ur POI say that they interview every finalist?

They definitely do not interview every finalist and it wasn't really an interview. He just wanted to know the probability that I would go there and said I was the only person they were calling. Good luck :)

Today was the first I've seen; in years past it looks like they are very diligent about sending all of their acceptances in a two-day window, and then their rejections a few days later. So it seems like all acceptances from Princeton should be sent out by Tuesday evening.

Thanks! Princeton Day 2, here we go! Best of luck to everyone  :)

They definitely do not interview every finalist and it wasn't really an interview. He just wanted to know the probability that I would go there and said I was the only person they were calling. Good luck :)

I applied to Duke too!  When did he contact you? Who is your POi?

My friend, who does not participate on these forums, received a full offer from University of Florida (Gainesville) today.  He had a POI who called and spoke (light interview) over the phone early last week.