Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Hi everyone, I have been watching on here for months. Deciding to join in on the conversation now. Applied to 11 PhD programs and 1 Masters. I saw on the admissions decisions that 2 people were accepted to U of Cincinnati yesterday. I applied and am very anxious to hear from them. Can anyone claim the acceptances? Maybe let me know how they found out and their stats and research interests? I am so nervous now.. I haven't gotten a rejection yet either though so hopefully there is still hope! 

Hi!  I'm one of the acceptances.  I got an email back after inquiring of the grad coordinator yesterday.  3.4 UG, 3.9 Masters (unrelated field) 169v/155q/5.0a.

My research interest is multi-ethnic churches, and more specifically the impact of cross-cultural education within multi-ethnic churches on the communities of congregants.  I hope you get good news soon!!  What is your research interest?

Hi!  I'm one of the acceptances.  I got an email back after inquiring of the grad coordinator yesterday.  3.4 UG, 3.9 Masters (unrelated field) 169v/155q/5.0a.

My research interest is multi-ethnic churches, and more specifically the impact of cross-cultural education within multi-ethnic churches on the communities of congregants.  I hope you get good news soon!!  What is your research interest?

Congrats on the acceptance! Based on your research interests you might find this book a worthwhile read: To Live in Peace, by Mark Gornik.

I'm still waiting for funding info from UCLA (and I'm super anxious to get it). The person I was in contact with said they'd likely circulate funding info at the beginning of February, but I'm also curious if anyone has heard yet.

Does anyone know what is going on with Rutgers? Some people got interviews, others got rejections, and I emailed them to check on my status, but they didn't email me back. Maybe no news is good news. Or at least that's what I hope. 

I spoke to someone yesterday. Apparently Rutgers sends funding & admission decisions at the same time, so I think that's the hold up. She said they were hoping to send out offers in the next week or two.

Hmm, I wonder if they will admit people who they didn't interview, yet. I guess we will know soon enough. The wait is killing me. 

When I contacted the graduate director at Rutgers, she told me that the interviewees were the finalists. Sorry  :(

Edited by Starbuck2015

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I thought I would share that I called a Berkeley coordinator today, and they say decisions have been sent to the graduate school, and the graduate school will notify everyone "early next week."

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I thought I would share that I called a Berkeley coordinator today, and they say decisions have been sent to the graduate school, and the graduate school will notify everyone "early next week."

How were the initial admits/rejections notified? Via the department? POIs? Graduate Division? There seem to be quite a few of us that are in limbo here.

Edited by TheoryOfTheories

Has anyone received funding information from UCLA or Princeton or anywhere really? Should we have already provided financial statements? 

Funding info for UCLA should be coming in early Feb. I got funding info from Duke, but only for 2015-2016. Anyone know what the deal is there?