Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Does anyone have information on the UNC situation? I'm beginning to think I am alphabetically cursed. My head just gets to the chopping block last in the rejection rounds.

I'm uncertain. I got an e-mail this morning that said to check the website, which contained a rejection letter. I believe acceptances were already sent out to everyone, though I'm not entire certain. That's just speculation. 

I was enrolled in a class at cuny in Falll and live in NYC so stopped by the dept office yesterday and was told that the ad comm has met and that decisions for 1st round of admits (at least) should be going out this week or next. I wasn't among those admits received so far (!), but haven't heard any other decision yet either.

Edited by breaks0

Seems like there are really some big-ego people in this thread. Just saying..

That's rude. I've never gotten that sense. What's wrong with being happy that you got into a program? It's a huge accomplishment and nobody is rubbing it in anyone's face. We are all helping each other get through this difficult time. This is a very peculiar experience and it helps to have one's peers be there to help.

That's rude. I've never gotten that sense. What's wrong with being happy that you got into a program? It's a huge accomplishment and nobody is rubbing it in anyone's face. We are all helping each other get through this difficult time. This is a very peculiar experience and it helps to have one's peers be there to help.

I agree with that... I mean sure, everyone secretly hates LetsTalkShop and Maxine for their over-achievements (kidding)...

I just called them, but the graduate coordinator is at lunch. Ugh! I'll have updates in an hour or so, hopefully. I think they're so delayed because Michigan had a blizzard over the weekend.

thanks so much again! the anxiety is really killing me I have been all reved up since someone posted we would get them by the end of last week or february 1st and now that the 3rd is here I am beside myself. lol

thanks so much again! the anxiety is really killing me I have been all reved up since someone posted we would get them by the end of last week or february 1st and now that the 3rd is here I am beside myself. lol

Yes, thank so much for doing this!

Remember that at Columbia you have to take a screen shot of your GRE scores.

Yup already did that. Damn. Now I'm worried. Better contact the Depts and ask them why it still reads not received! I sent my scores together with the the other schools which already got them btw. Already screwed myself by not uploading my writing sample for Duke. So im hoping to avoid more incomplete submissions. Kills me to know that i spent all that money and the application probably didnt even make it to the Depts for review. Anw, good morning from Singapore! :-D

Edited by mohdkhamsya

I've tried calling several times but the graduate coordinator at Michigan is not answering. I have to go to work now, so I can't call anymore. Sorry! :(

It'd be great if someone else could try in a little while, though let's be sure not to flood them with calls, since I know a ton of us applied to Michigan. Wishing you all the best!

I've tried calling several times but the graduate coordinator at Michigan is not answering. I have to go to work now, so I can't call anymore. Sorry! :(

It'd be great if someone else could try in a little while, though let's be sure not to flood them with calls, since I know a ton of us applied to Michigan. Wishing you all the best!

Darn! thank you. I would but my phone is dead and im on campus:( please someone call them!

Anyone not hearing back from UNC yet?? I am very confused right now since there have been so many acceptances/rejections posted.

I haven't heard anything either. The department told me via e-mail that everyone would be notified by Friday. Although, in the past I've languished on the waitlist there until May. Fun!