Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

hey im one of the ppl in berkeley purgatory.. got an email today saying check the website where i found a rejection letter.. it's like the cruelest choose your own adventure.. good luck yall!!

Sorry Pizza, UCSB did the same, I'm expecting same method when I hear back from Santa Cruz, since I'm guess this is a UC system-wide practice. Really love the UCs (no joke!). Madison, however, was at least nice enough to directly email the letter from the Grad Program director, form letter or not. I feel a bit of consolation to have tried (esp Berkeley), I'll feel better when I get an offer somewhere. lol

Edited by breaks0

Re: Madison, did anybody who didn't get a rejection email click "enter" on the page where it says "pending"? Mine says the department has recommended me for admission and has passed my file to the Graduate School for review.

Re: Madison, did anybody who didn't get a rejection email click "enter" on the page where it says "pending"? Mine says the department has recommended me for admission and has passed my file to the Graduate School for review.

what did your status say? Mine says "Your program has recommended you for admission. The Graduate School will be reviewing your file. Please refer to this page for updates." I don't know what that means....so anxious

what did your status say? Mine says "Your program has recommended you for admission. The Graduate School will be reviewing your file. Please refer to this page for updates." I don't know what that means....so anxious

I want to think it's an unofficial acceptance, but I'm not entirely sure either. I guess we'll just have to wait for further notification.

I would guess y'all got in @sarahdf & @maxine0451! a program I got into (not Madison) was approved by the department first and then went to the graduate college for final approval. I think the graduate college just likes to double check you meet the minimum requirements & that they can fund you. look up "recommended for admission" on this site :) tentative congratulations!!! :)

thx breaks, i think you're right about ucsc.. looking at their results page I don't think we'll hear back for like another two weeks tho.. totally agree about the uc's they are bomb

Has anyone gotten an official rejection from OSU? I see several people have reported acceptances on different dates, so I'm not sure if my application is truly still pending (as the website claims) or if they just haven't gotten around to rejection notifications yet.

I have the same! I'm not a great fit for that program and will almost certainly decline, for anyone who gets waitlisted...

Edited by letstalkshop

^ So it means accepted then?

I'm getting the same status. This page (http://grad.wisc.edu/admissions/process/) on the Wisconsin grad website says that if you are "recommended for admission" then your transcripts are sent to the graduate school for final review (i.e. to check that you meet the minimum requirements). Don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I think this is a good sign.

Edited by WhiskerPatrol

^ actually it is possible to be recommended & then rejected by the graduate college. I hope that's not the case for anyone on here but it is possible based on other threads on grad cafe

Ohhhhh, then I guess I still need to worry abt my ucla acceptance since the email was from the department… pls don't let me down

Ooh the new and prospective students page at Wolverine Access (for the University of Michigan) is down right now! I'm going to overanalyze this and assume that means results will be posted very soon. I'm almost 100% positive I'm not going to get in, but it's still been fun going back and forth between email, gradcafe, and Wolverine.

Edit: Okay so apparently it's just "scheduled maintenance" but I can still dream that the whole world revolves around sociology PhD programs

Edited by juiceboxrampage