Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Me neither! I'm waiting for Michigan too! And has anyone contacted Penn about when they would release the decisions?

Waiting for penn too :( hoping one of the brave souls on this feed will call up both today because I just could not do it whilst remaining calm and collected. Lol

Waiting for penn too :( hoping one of the brave souls on this feed will call up both today because I just could not do it whilst remaining calm and collected. Lol

I called Penn for y'all even though I didn't apply there. It seemed less scary than calling somewhere I did apply, haha. They directed me to Audra, the graduate coordinator, and she said you should be notified mid-February, no later than the beginning of March.

Update: Ann Arbor is closed today due to weather! Boo. So I'm assuming notifications will not go out today.

Edited by juiceboxrampage

I called Penn for y'all even though I didn't apply there. It seemed less scary than calling somewhere I did apply, haha. They directed me to Audra, the graduate coordinator, and she said you should be notified mid-February, no later than the beginning of March.

I'll update on Michigan when I get the courage to call.

Thanks so much!!

I'll update on Michigan when I get the courage to call.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was just working up my courage to dial the numbers when you posted :) Now I just need to worry about Michigan. So relieved...

This reminds me: for anyone who applied to UChicago, I called last week and asked when we could expect to hear, and apparently they are a bit behind schedule, but said no later than early March (probably mid to late February).

For anyone still waiting to hear good news from Rutgers, I received an email this morning requesting an interview. I was certain that they wouldn't be doing anymore interviews (others had posted that all finalists had already been notified), but it appears they are.

anyone applying to Stanford still have an 'incomplete' application when they check online? It says one of my transcripts has been received (official) and the other has been received (not official)... I emailed them ages ago (early december) and they said that they have all my materials and would be updating the online application... bit funny isn't it?

anyone applying to Stanford still have an 'incomplete' application when they check online? It says one of my transcripts has been received (official) and the other has been received (not official)... I emailed them ages ago (early december) and they said that they have all my materials and would be updating the online application... bit funny isn't it?

I don't need TOEFL but it still shows TOEFL needed… I called like 12 times and dept asked me to call grad office while grad office said dept will take charge of it… then I gave up…

I don't need TOEFL but it still shows TOEFL needed… I called like 12 times and dept asked me to call grad office while grad office said dept will take charge of it… then I gave up…

Literally the exact same thing happened to me...glad I'm not alone

Do u mind me asking how much money they give u? Pm me:)

Did they send you information about your funding package already? I just got the (what appears to be) standard acceptance letter this morning. 

Did they send you information about your funding package already? I just got the (what appears to be) standard acceptance letter this morning. 

They sent an attachment with a formal letter with funding info. 

Just got this from Stanford:

Dear Prospective Sociology PhD Applicant,

I am writing to inform you that your submitted application has been received.  Currently your application is under review by the Sociology Admissions Committee. 

Once a decision has been made on your file, within approximately two weeks, you will be notified by email.

Just got this from Stanford:

Dear Prospective Sociology PhD Applicant,

I am writing to inform you that your submitted application has been received.  Currently your application is under review by the Sociology Admissions Committee. 

Once a decision has been made on your file, within approximately two weeks, you will be notified by email.

I got the same. 2 weeks is so long...

Too long! Got way too excited when I saw an email from her, talk about an anticlimax! 

Worst e-mail EVER. Wasn't the Stanford deadline two months ago?  :o