How to not lose it when waiting to hear back :

Pink toes

Hi!! I applied to Umich and JHU too. Have you already heard from them? If yes, when did you complete your application?

THANKS!!

I was invited to an interview at UMich and rejected from John Hopkins ....wich is fine since Umich is #1 in health management anyway. I applied around December 15th.

I was invited to an interview at UMich and rejected from John Hopkins ....wich is fine since Umich is #1 in health management anyway. I applied around December 15th.

Congrats for the interview. 

Do you mind if I ask which degree you applied for in JH (PhD or Masters)..and what program!

I have also been waiting for Hopkins! Losing my mind. Maybe I should take up knitting as well. What program did you apply for?

I applied for the MSPH in International Health (GDEC concentration). Knitting is soooooo awesome. really forces you to focus on it and nothing else! motivated by my friend who's having a baby. Seemed like the perfect reason to learn how to knit a blanket, lol

I applied for the MSPH in International Health (GDEC concentration). Knitting is soooooo awesome. really forces you to focus on it and nothing else! motivated by my friend who's having a baby. Seemed like the perfect reason to learn how to knit a blanket, lol

Ah well good luck! I applied through SOPHAS for the online/part-time MPH program. I hope you are making little booties and a cap for the baby! 

Did anyone else that's waiting to hear from Emory get a weird financial aid message on OPUS today? Freaking out a little because it said I'm over the allowance for 15-16 but how is that even possible if I haven't even gotten in there yet??

Does anyone know how Hopkins usually notifies their applicants?

sidenote: to pass the waiting time, I've taught myself how to knit and crochet, lol

That is awesome. I actually just picked up crochet again, but then realized I have a house to get ready to sell. For MPH they will e-mail the applicants. If you applied through their website (not SOPHAS), I think it's through the website, but I applied to the MPH through SOPHAS.

Did anyone else that's waiting to hear from Emory get a weird financial aid message on OPUS today? Freaking out a little because it said I'm over the allowance for 15-16 but how is that even possible if I haven't even gotten in there yet??

I did get a message that they received my financial aid info, but nothing like that. I'd e-mail the financial aid office if I were you. They are pretty quick to respond. That would scare the bejeezus out of me, but I'm sure that it's some mix up.

I'm learning a new language to pass time....it's been really productive and somewhat of a distraction from email checking :)

Ha, I started trying to pick up my French again! I figured if I want to apply to the WHO one day I'll need it anyway. Good idea!

Does anyone waiting on Hopkins know if they actually take the 8-10 week timeframe that they indicate  to send a decision? It just seems like a really long time compared to some other schools--I'm hoping they just say that to avoid getting emails or questions about admissions decisions, but who knows!?  I think I need to take up another language or some kind of hobby too... not only would it be a good distraction, but I figure I might as well make use of the free time while I have it! 

Does anyone waiting on Hopkins know if they actually take the 8-10 week timeframe that they indicate  to send a decision? It just seems like a really long time compared to some other schools--I'm hoping they just say that to avoid getting emails or questions about admissions decisions, but who knows!?  I think I need to take up another language or some kind of hobby too... not only would it be a good distraction, but I figure I might as well make use of the free time while I have it! 

Well, I got that 8-10 weeks e-mail on 12/1 and still haven't received a decision, so I'd say they're dead serious about it. I submitted my application 11/23.

Does anyone know when Harvard typically sends out MPH decisions?  And anyone have any opinions on Harvard vs Hopkins for global health?  Thanks

Harvard says by early March but someone on the SDN forum called and was told around Feb 20!!!

I didn't apply to global health programs so I'm really ignorant in that area, but I'd assume either one would be a great choice.

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2015 at 10:47 AM, holykrp said:

I applied to the MHS in Health Economics at the school of public health and I got an interview invite from Johns Hopkins on March 7th, had the interview over skype on the 11th (it was awful) and they said they are making decisions in the next two weeks!

That would put their decision making around 7 weeks after I got an email about decisions in 8-10 weeks. So we all may get to hear slightly earlier than they said, but not by much!