How to not lose it when waiting to hear back :

Pink toes

As long as you applied to programs that you actually want to attend and you met the minimum applicant requirements, you have a chance. I don't sit on a adcom so I can't tell you any more than that. However to not "lose it" waiting to hear back I would keep busy - school, work, exercise, tv, etc. and breathe, you'll survive this waiting period.

Haven't heard back from anyone either, but in a fit of optimism I filled out my taxes, so I could fill out my FAFSA and 7 hours later, I still haven't heard.

But good luck, you're not the only one getting closer to losing it

Any gleam of hope would be greatly appreciate !

Applied to top schools with low GRE score, great experience, great LOPs and a 3.47 gpa. Think I have a chance??

Pink toes- I think we are the same person! I am also waiting to hear back with about the same story as you. I submitted 11.15 and was verified two weeks later...

Lots of email refreshing! Hang in there!

I've checked OPUS about 90 times in the past 2 days. At least I'm not checking myHSPH anymore, because I know that won't be there until mid-February. I heard back from GWU after just 10 days, which made me really, super spoiled. I don't drink, but I sort of wish I did. That may make this less shitty. I'm going nuts. My GRE score suggested I go back to middle school math which is fair, because I had a full on panic attack during my test. I had a 3.8 in my MA program, and 3.75 in my graduate certificate program. My LoRs were strong. 

Have you finished applied to all your schools? I kind of don't want to blow any more money on this, so I've applied to my top 8 choices. However, I feel like I should be applying to Drexel, U of South Florida, and UF (in-state tuition, but I have to stay in Florida). I just can't bring myself to write three more essays. 

I'm tempted to start tweeting the schools and being like, "I'll give you $5 if you hurry up!" but I feel like that will ... end poorly. 

I keep having these fantasies that I've gotten accepted or rejected from a school, and I get legitimately happy or sad about it. It's really exhausting  :blink: If anyone figures out how not to lose it, please call me immediately. 

I've checked OPUS about 90 times in the past 2 days. At least I'm not checking myHSPH anymore, because I know that won't be there until mid-February. I heard back from GWU after just 10 days, which made me really, super spoiled. I don't drink, but I sort of wish I did. That may make this less shitty. I'm going nuts. My GRE score suggested I go back to middle school math which is fair, because I had a full on panic attack during my test. I had a 3.8 in my MA program, and 3.75 in my graduate certificate program. My LoRs were strong. 

Have you finished applied to all your schools? I kind of don't want to blow any more money on this, so I've applied to my top 8 choices. However, I feel like I should be applying to Drexel, U of South Florida, and UF (in-state tuition, but I have to stay in Florida). I just can't bring myself to write three more essays. 

I'm tempted to start tweeting the schools and being like, "I'll give you $5 if you hurry up!" but I feel like that will ... end poorly. 

haha yeah i feel yah! i wish i had applied to GW earlier on so I could have potentially heard back already. I only applied to two programs....hope I didn't screw myself over! 

congrats on GW though!!! 

Waiting is the worst and I understand how anxious everyone is. I completely understand seeking encouragement during this time. I think, however, it would be more helpful in these general forums to include information beyond stats such as the degree you are seeking (MPH, MS, PhD or DrPH) because that information matters. Usually those applying to professional programs (i.e. MPH) are accepted with lower GRE and GPAs than those applying to academic programs (i.e. PhD). I wish everyone the best of luck. I can say when I applied to PhD programs I heard from my first school around February 15th.  And I think that timeline was pretty normal.  

Hang in there!

I keep having these fantasies that I've gotten accepted or rejected from a school, and I get legitimately happy or sad about it. It's really exhausting  :blink: If anyone figures out how not to lose it, please call me immediately.

So I'm not the only one Even having dreams of getting accepted then waking up only to realize it was just that, a dream, after checking my email for the hundredth time.

Hang in there !

I only applied to 5 schools including George Washington which I still have not heard back from. I applied to the mph in health management and policy program. The other schools that I applied to are : University of Michigan , Unc, Emory and Johns Hopkins. I really reached for the stars but hopefully I hear back soon as well. Congrats on GWU , that's a big accomplishment.

Waiting is the worst and I understand how anxious everyone is. I completely understand seeking encouragement during this time. I think, however, it would be more helpful in these general forums to include information beyond stats such as the degree you are seeking (MPH, MS, PhD or DrPH) because that information matters. Usually those applying to professional programs (i.e. MPH) are accepted with lower GRE and GPAs than those applying to academic programs (i.e. PhD). I wish everyone the best of luck. I can say when I applied to PhD programs I heard from my first school around February 15th.  And I think that timeline was pretty normal.  

Hang in there!

I only applied to 5 schools including George Washington which I still have not heard back from. I applied to the mph in health management and policy program. The other schools that I applied to are : University of Michigan , Unc, Emory and Johns Hopkins.

Thanks, everyone. I should note, I applied for summer. My math background is not stellar, so I wanted to be able to take biostats 1 in the summer while taking something I'll find easier, like health law or something. Plus, it's more days a week for shorter time each meeting. I think that is a part of why I heard back so quickly. I just got an e-mail from Emory, but I was on my phone so all I saw was sender as "RSPH" and subject "RSPH Invites Yo" and my heart literally did unhealthy things measurable my ekgs in different rooms. What was it? An invitation to their webinar that's a glorified "Hahahaha, you're in limbo so lets talk about it together" webinar. I hate everyone. 

I still may apply to JHU, for the MS/MSPH. Deadline is in March. I'm so lazy. Same with USF, UF, and Drexel. I just. The essays and dollars. 

Let me shine some light in your life! I had low GRE scores, verbal was below 50th percentile, math was right at the 50th. My GPA was 2.98. I'm an Americorps member, had a few research and health internships during undergrad. I've been acceped to 2 schools already! I honestly doubted myself throughout the whole process because my GRE and GPA are very low but I think my essays and passion for public health shined through!

Let me shine some light in your life! I had low GRE scores, verbal was below 50th percentile, math was right at the 50th. My GPA was 2.98. I'm an Americorps member, had a few research and health internships during undergrad. I've been acceped to 2 schools already! I honestly doubted myself throughout the whole process because my GRE and GPA are very low but I think my essays and passion for public health shined through!

Awesome, congratulations!

I hope that the process goes as well for me! I have a 3.47 GPA with GRE scores that say I can't read and should head back to middle school to give math another try, below 50%. I am very passionate in my goals in public help so I hope that will help me too.

So, we're the same person. I'd say, so long as the passion came through in your SOP, and your LoRs were strong, you'll be just fine!

Thank you! That's always reassuring to hear. Also, congratulations on GWU....I applied there as well so I'm hoping to hear back soon :)

This is a dumb question I know but I just started my MPH application today! What does it mean when your application is verified?

It means that all of your components are in to SOPHAS and they have reviewed your transcripts along with your inputted coursework and calculated your GPA according to their standards, then made your application available to the schools you selected.

I can't even tell you how much better this makes me feel! I totally felt like I was being crazy. I can't stop checking OPUS  either, and i've gotten like 3 of those webinar emails in the last couple of weeks and had the SAME  reaction!  I feell like sending a message that says, "Dear Emory, please stop sending any and all communication's that aren't related to an admissions decision; I may have a heart attack, thanks." lol.  

It definitely makes me feel better that someone else is considering submitting some additional applications at this point too. I've done most of mine but have 2 more I'm planning to submit this week (It's really just a matter of uploading my essays) and was freaking out that I'm doing them way too later (even though I'm still ahead of the deadline).

I've gone back and forth about a thousand times wondering if my application is strong enough-- I finally calmed down a few weeks ago when I had most of them submitted and convinced myself they were all fine and that my LoRS and SOP were strong, but now that I'm in the midst of the waiting period, I;m totally freaking out about whether or not I'm actually a competitive applicant. I've gotta take up a hobby to distract myself from checking my email incessantly. lol

I only applied to 5 schools including George Washington which I still have not heard back from. I applied to the mph in health management and policy program. The other schools that I applied to are : University of Michigan , Unc, Emory and Johns Hopkins.

Hi!! I applied to Umich and JHU too. Have you already heard from them? If yes, when did you complete your application?

THANKS!!

Hi! I haven't heard back from Emory, George Washington, or U o M, but I'm applying for the Health Promotion/Health Education side. I'm wondering if anyone has heard back who is applying for those programs. I'm starting to get worried because my apps were a little late. :(

Does anyone know how Hopkins usually notifies their applicants?

sidenote: to pass the waiting time, I've taught myself how to knit and crochet, lol

I have also been waiting for Hopkins! Losing my mind. Maybe I should take up knitting as well. What program did you apply for?