2015 Acceptance Thread

isostheneia

Congrats to all the Toronto and UCLA acceptances! I wonder if they've finished sending out all UCLA acceptances.

By the way do you think you know which way you are leaning towards with your two acceptances so far? so early in the game I know! 

I'm very happy- just got accepted to Temple! Applying as an undergrad from an unknown school this is really, REALLY thrilling to have this locked in! It was an added benefit I happened to be with my family when I received the email haha!I don't know how much longer Joseph Margolis will be there- is is quite up there in age (he is brilliant- I wish there was a way to preserve him and keep him in good shape because I would love to work with him!) I know they have fabulous specialization in German Idealism, I just need to make sure the few profs they have that are analytic-oriented will be around for awhile still! I have more programs I applied to, but this was a great surprise!

Congrats! I'm in Philly. I wonder how many people on this forum are living in Philly right now! It's a great place, I think.

Is there any chance that Virginia will spread out its acceptances over a few days, like not just today (Wednesday), but Thursday and Friday? They seem to have done that in 2014, but in 2013 there was only one acceptance notification for Virginia on one day and one waitlist notification on another day before all the rejections went out. I'm just wondering if I should give up on the school and move on to somewhere else.

Hey,

I'm the dude who posted the Virginia international admission. I received the admission mail almost 2 days after the first admission report here. The university doesn't send out mails yet. It is just the department members (I think the ones that are likely to mentor the admitted people OR Mrs. Barnes the chair of admissions) send out personalized e-mails. This might mean that there could be more admissions to be sent out yet.

Nevertheless I wouldn't lose hope before the waitlist for this year is released. They admit a lot of people off the waitlist each year. Even I have 9 more applications pending.

I hope you get in wherever you want.

I'm very happy- just got accepted to Temple! Applying as an undergrad from an unknown school this is really, REALLY thrilling to have this locked in! It was an added benefit I happened to be with my family when I received the email haha!I don't know how much longer Joseph Margolis will be there- is is quite up there in age (he is brilliant- I wish there was a way to preserve him and keep him in good shape because I would love to work with him!) I know they have fabulous specialization in German Idealism, I just need to make sure the few profs they have that are analytic-oriented will be around for awhile still! I have more programs I applied to, but this was a great surprise!

Congrats!

Congrats! Margolis is indeed amazing. He turned 90 last year, so don't expect him to be around too much.

Their department's taken quite a few hits in the last five to ten years, with a pretty significant faculty exodus that you'll probably want to ask about.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far. It seems like a lot of people are doing quite well.

Can anyone confirm the Brown acceptance? I think it's likely legitimate (since they often release on Fridays), but I'd be more confident if there were more than one posted acceptance, or if it were confirmed. They usually release their batch of initial acceptances at once.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far. It seems like a lot of people are doing quite well.

Can anyone confirm the Brown acceptance? I think it's likely legitimate (since they often release on Fridays), but I'd be more confident if there were more than one posted acceptance, or if it were confirmed. They usually release their batch of initial acceptances at once.

I can't confirm any of the acceptances posted on grad cafe, but I know someone who doesn't follow the online results and has been admitted to Brown this year, so they have definitely started sending out offers.  

Congrats!!! That must feel incredible! I've heard from several sources that students at Georgetown are very happy there.

Many thanks. I've heard that as well.

And as a side note, I got an acceptance from UCSD half an hour later. So... today is a good day.