2015 Acceptance Thread

isostheneia

Thanks a lot for the point. I have an external scholarship of ~22k, which seems to be okay... My concern is more about the global reputation of this program out of Canada...

The best way to figure that out is to look at placement records. 

Is anyone else just twiddling their thumbs, having not heard from any of the programs they applied to? Overoverover? 

You rang?

Basically, yeah. I have 1 implied rejection (Berkeley) and 1 god-knows-what (UCLA), but there's been nothing from 9 others. It's not a terrible situation to be in (it could be worse), but the anxious waiting is getting to me.

Edited by overoverover

Is anyone else just twiddling their thumbs, having not heard from any of the programs they applied to? Overoverover? 

Basically the same. I have one official rejection and two implied, but other than that ... who knows? 

You rang?

Basically, yeah. I have 1 implied rejection (Berkeley) and 1 god-knows-what (UCLA), but there's been nothing from 9 others. It's not a terrible situation to be in (it could be worse), but the anxious waiting is getting to me.

I feel your pain. 1 assumed rejection from Chicago, and nothing from the rest. What is even more frustrating is that this is the latest both UNC and ND have released for the past three years. I'm trying to look at this as one of those what-doesn't-kill-you-makes-you-stronger moments... but it's killing me.

Edited by Cecinestpasunphilosophe

I feel your pain. 1 assumed rejection from Chicago, and nothing from the rest. What is even more frustrating is that this is the latest both UNC and ND have released for the past three years. I'm trying to look at this as one of those what-doesn't-kill-you-makes-you-stronger moments... but it's killing me.

Just checked my app status with chicago and saw that the rejection. Hope you have better luck.

I got one of the UNC acceptances posted. Super excited!

Congratulations! 

Congrats on UNC! I just got a rejection from Brown.

Same here. I would much rather just receive a rejection via email than be told to suspend my disbelief and check the website. 

Edited by Matt Bauer

UNC is also sending out rejections? 

UNC Philosophy, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 16 Feb 2015    16 Feb 2015

To be clear: I've heard nothing from UNC yet. 

Edited by a_for_aporia

Just saw a rejection (but no acceptances) from Miami University Ohio's masters program. How unusual is that? I wouldn't be so anxious about it, except I haven't received word from a single school so far!