Waiting to Exhale (the wait list thread)

I really wish we could all hang out in one room and drink some cocoa while we wait for the last minute offers to come in. I can't imagine what you all are feeling! Sending unicorn and leprechaun vibes to all still waiting!

Does the cocoa have alcohol in it?

Wonderful, breaking news: Stanford just made me an offer. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee doesn't even cover it!

Good luck to everyone waiting. IT CAN HAPPEN!

Crikey! That's amazing news!!! Congratulations!!!! :D

Crikey! That's amazing news!!! Congratulations!!!! :D

Damn.  Way to go!

YAY!!!

Holy heck -- congrats! :D

Congratulations Enfant!! You have to change that fact on your signature now :D

I really wanted to go to Stanford, but didn't even get waitlisted. I'm counting on my Harvard waitlist now, I'll know for sure in the next day or two!

Thanks, everyone! I'm on a cloud of happy disbelief!

How much time to people typically get to decide if they will accept an offer if they get off the waitlist?

I was told that the original deadline (5pm on April 15th) still held. I'm not sure what happens if you get off the waitlist after that.

This morning, I was ACCEPTED TO UCLA! So excited! 

I had another very lovely offer, but this is amazing...UCLA's a top 10 school, I visited in March and loved it, the funding package is amazing, I'll get to work with Christopher Looby and Rachel Lee...

Last year, I was essentially shut out of programs (got into 2 unfunded things). I was rejected from UCLA. I took a gap year to move to Berkeley where I took classes and got a new rec letter, reworked all my materials, and began working as an editor.

If at first you don't succeed...KEEP APPLYING UNTIL THEY LOVE YOU 

I also got in to UCLA this morning! I can't believe it. The one school in LA that I applied to accepted me. I guess I'm meant to stay here a while longer, because I will gladly put up with LA for the next few years to attend!!

Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Final

Edited by jean-luc-gohard

I also got in to UCLA this morning! I can't believe it. The one school in LA that I applied to has accepted me. I guess I'm meant to stay here a while longer, because I will gladly put up with LA for the next few years to attend!!

Oh wow...congrats Jean-Luc! I remember you writing about how you were completely resigned to being shut out this year. SO glad to see that's not the case! :D

I also got in to UCLA this morning! I can't believe it. The one school in LA that I applied to has accepted me. I guess I'm meant to stay here a while longer, because I will gladly put up with LA for the next few years to attend!!

This morning, I was ACCEPTED TO UCLA! So excited! 

CONGRATULATIONS!! Excited to get to meet y'all in the fall!!

I also got in to UCLA this morning! I can't believe it. The one school in LA that I applied to accepted me. I guess I'm meant to stay here a while longer, because I will gladly put up with LA for the next few years to attend!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Excited to get to meet y'all in the fall!!

Yaay, can't wait to meet you both!! And congrats jean-luc, I'm glad there were spots for both of us!! :D