Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

16 minutes ago, Anne Mulhern said:

I just heard yesterday that I move on to the "placement phase" of the Fulbright-Clinton program for Timor-Leste. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet! 

Congrats!

So I received my Grant Authorization document today and while I am grateful for the opportunity in general, I was placed in my least desirable city in my grant country. Does anyone know if these locations are set in stone or if there can be some negotiation with the grant commission in your country? 

On 4/7/2016 at 0:20 PM, rotbart said:

Update: I got promoted from Alternate to Finalist for research in Germany! It does happen! Alternates, keep crossing those fingers!

Congratulations!

Did they notify you by email or phone call? I am also an alternate :( and a little worried about staying in contact with Fulbright as I'll be travelling in India for the next four months. 

2 hours ago, Swingin_Sween said:

How long after their initial email did everyone receive the letter in the mail from Fulbright? Curious to find out my dates and more logistics for next year

Yes, I second this question.

On 2/12/2016 at 4:44 AM, Midwest_newbie said:

I went to a meeting about Fulbright at my university, which has a very high rate of winners (multiple winners, and all the rest were semi-finalists) and he said if you declined and apply again it counts against you and it will be unlikely that you will win again. Fulbright is not the one you want to decline if you are trying to decide between multiple. He did the Fulbright program himself when he was a grad student (history). 

Well I got it this year again, so others in my position please don't be discouraged :)

1 hour ago, MyPaperAnchor said:

Still waiting... thumbs are tired from the twiddling...

Me too. Twiddling my toes, too and singing a merry song, dee dee doo dee doo.

8 hours ago, Swingin_Sween said:

How long after their initial email did everyone receive the letter in the mail from Fulbright? Curious to find out my dates and more logistics for next year

Is it a letter or are the details sent electronically? I was hoping that everything would be done via email.

Just now, Dostoprimechatel'nosti said:

Excellent! How long did it take to receive your grant details after sending in your initial forms (medical clearance/terms & conditions form)?

I got the grant details 3 weeks after I got the initial acceptance email- but it sounded like a lot of countries got theirs faster.

The grant details come from the commission, so it's not tied to the medical clearance and terms forms. You can get them both at the same time!

has anyone received the Grant Authorization document yet?

I'm a Fulbright finalist for Italy and I still haven't seen anything about Grant Authorization document yet (but all of the terms&conditions, medical report, etc, are completed).

13 hours ago, Swingin_Sween said:

I got mine about a week after the official notice. It was sent from my country's commission via snail mail.