Social Psychology

shai

He said maybe, but I decided against applying because it's hard enough getting in when people are definitely taking students. I didn't need any more obstacles

i know...i only applied because i thought the match was really good and thought i'd give it a try...but anyways, wont be too upset if i dont get in.

Did anyone else apply to work with Spellman at UVA? I applied knowing it was a long shot but might as well try. smile.gif

Also, anyone heard from Tufts, UIC, or UCI?

I think UCI is having their interview weekend February 21-22.

I would just like everybody to know that I do not know for sure about the UMich thing. I just raised the question because I know if it had happened at any of the school that I applied to I would be furious that they cherry picked through the applications looking for a certain one. However, I cannot say that I am above these people that use this "it's who you know" connection to get into a UMich. The first thing I did when I considered a school was emailed a POI. I did this for two reasons: to make sure that they are taking a student and to get my name in their mind. So I hope I didn't frustrate anybody by my post. I was just curious what yall thought.

Jlloyd: Who's your POI at DePaul? I PMed you awhile ago...

I know they just had their deadline but I'm anxious. :huh:

Edited by a.arcane

@ JTdrum: Hmm. I applied with Kaiser at UW too. Nothing.

Has anyone heard from Waterloo? I logged in to the website - it used to say something like "an admissions decision has not been made" or something like this. Now it says, nothing. That can't portend good things.

Edited by a.arcane

I think UCI is having their interview weekend February 21-22.

Too bad, I burn easily anyway haha. But it is probably good because I have three interviews that weekend already.

well, this is depressing.

What's so depressing??

@a.arcane: I saw your message and I thought I replied. I applied to work with Erber. I think I might have pissed him off though.... Yeah I saw you wanted to work with Reyna right?

What's so depressing??

@a.arcane: I saw your message and I thought I replied. I applied to work with Erber. I think I might have pissed him off though.... Yeah I saw you wanted to work with Reyna right?

the situation here........i need a new life plan seemingly haha its going to be a long semester.

the situation here........i need a new life plan seemingly haha its going to be a long semester.

Yeah I think I read it somewhere else on here that somebody is convinced that they will wake up to an inbox full of emails from POIs... I wish this would happen, but still nothing. Although, it is a bonus that there haven't been any other news (at least not that I know of) from any of the schools so that at least means I am not rejected.

Yeah I think I read it somewhere else on here that somebody is convinced that they will wake up to an inbox full of emails from POIs... I wish this would happen, but still nothing. Although, it is a bonus that there haven't been any other news (at least not that I know of) from any of the schools so that at least means I am not rejected.

its so true...i havent got any rejections either, but sometimes i wish i had...at least then i wouldn't be checking the status on those schools so obssessively everyday...

its so true...i havent got any rejections either, but sometimes i wish i had...at least then i wouldn't be checking the status on those schools so obssessively everyday...

When the UMASS switcheroo happened I was a little upset, but it was still kind of a relief because at least then I knew that I could quit worrying about it.

When the UMASS switcheroo happened I was a little upset, but it was still kind of a relief because at least then I knew that I could quit worrying about it.

i dont know who you applied to work with at Umass but i actually got an offer from umass about a week ago, but since then i've had no news from anywhere else...

i dont know who you applied to work with at Umass but i actually got an offer from umass about a week ago, but since then i've had no news from anywhere else...

Lucky! I applied to work with Pietromonaco. There are actually two of us in this forum that were effected by the switch... But definitely congrats on that!

What's so depressing??

@Jllyod87. Yep Reyna. Also very sad that PJ Henry is leaving/has left the department (took position at NYU's new UAE campus)

How would you have pissed Erber off?

Has anyone heard from Waterloo? I logged in to the website - it used to say something like "an admissions decision has not been made" or something like this. Now it says, nothing. That can't portend good things.

I haven't heard anything either and I'm still seeing the "No decision blah blah" comment when I click the status button. However, just a couple of days ago, I saw that my final LOR was uploaded onto quest via the materials tab (which my LOR person emailed to the graduate secretary about a month ago). So I'm wondering if they're just now getting a move on things.

There are only two results for Waterloo in the past, but both notifications happened after SPSP in those years. I will also comment that my computer/browser sometimes has weird reactions to the Quest system (works one day, doesn't work the next) or when I was submitting things, it would show the green check next to a particular material then a week later it would disappear, and show up again another day. So I wouldn't think the lack of notification is necessarily a bad thing just yet. I think it's just a really funky system.

Edited by jordy

Lucky! I applied to work with Pietromonaco. There are actually two of us in this forum that were effected by the switch... But definitely congrats on that!

thanks! when i spoke with my POI she told me that she MIGHT take a student this year so i wasnt expecting the offer at all. i guess there was good match in research interests, which was why i applied in the first place. but the sense i got is that the economic situation IS pretty bad this year...

@Jllyod87. Yep Reyna. Also very sad that PJ Henry is leaving/has left the department (took position at NYU's new UAE campus)

How would you have pissed Erber off?

Yeah PJ Henry would have been amazing, but when I emailed him he mentioned that he was going to be gone from DePaul from AT LEAST a year. Erber was always really helpful and would email back a couple of days after I emailed him. Well I emailed him just to ask if he focused on publishing books or journal articles more now (trying to nicely ask why he hasn't published much since 2004 because I was wondering what his mentor style is now). Anyways, he never emailed me back and my adviser later said that it could have been interpreted to be very rude.... :(

I haven't heard anything either and I'm still seeing the "No decision blah blah" comment when I click the status button. However, just a couple of days ago, I saw that my final LOR was uploaded onto quest via the materials tab (which my LOR person emailed to the graduate secretary about a month ago). So I'm wondering if they're just now getting a move on things.

There are only two results for Waterloo in the past, but both notifications happened after SPSP in those years. I will also comment that my computer/browser sometimes has weird reactions to the Quest system (works one day, doesn't work the next), so I wouldn't think the lack of notification is necessarily a bad thing just yet. It's a really funky system.

I had major issues with Quest/Waterloo document uploading. They had an error that it took about 3 weeks to fix. The grad secretary (Rita) let me know that they know there are issues with the system.

Yeah PJ Henry would have been amazing, but when I emailed him he mentioned that he was going to be gone from DePaul from AT LEAST a year. Erber was always really helpful and would email back a couple of days after I emailed him. Well I emailed him just to ask if he focused on publishing books or journal articles more now (trying to nicely ask why he hasn't published much since 2004 because I was wondering what his mentor style is now). Anyways, he never emailed me back and my adviser later said that it could have been interpreted to be very rude.... :(

Hmm. Doesn't really sound rude...but it doesn't really sound like something that needs a lot of attention either- maybe he just forgot?... Erber and Henry- those are some very disparate areas. You must have a wide range of interests. Good luck to you!

Hmm. Doesn't really sound rude...but it doesn't really sound like something that needs a lot of attention either- maybe he just forgot?... Erber and Henry- those are some very disparate areas. You must have a wide range of interests. Good luck to you!

Erber does the close relationships that I am interested in. PJ Henry was not really who I wanted to be my main adviser. I was interested in maybe collaborating because the work (prejudice I believe? It's been a while since I looked) was pretty interesting.