Social Psychology

shai

Anyone know what going on w/ Texas A&M (social) ?

i see one result, a person was accepted about 2 weeks ago, did they send out all their acceptance letters?

I'm also curious about this; I haven't heard anything either.

Edited by jordy

I see that you have already accepted an offer. Are you not withdrawing your app from the other places?

Long story short, I haven't withdrawn yet, but I intend to do so very soon. I wanted to know where I stood with other places and be 100% sure before I made such a drastic move, and I figure I put in the same amount of hard work, stress, and money as everyone else. I'll be withdrawing my three remaining applications with plenty of time before April 15 (not that I think I have a chance at any of them anyway).

Edited by jordy

Long story short, I haven't withdrawn yet, but I intend to do so very soon. I wanted to know where I stood with other places and be 100% sure before I made such a drastic move, and I figure I put in the same amount of hard work, stress, and money as everyone else. I'll be withdrawing my three remaining applications with plenty of time before April 15 (not that I think I have a chance at any of them anyway).

jordy, who was your POI at TAMU?

To those who are accepted, how are the financial packages coming along. I know some of you dont like to talk money. I am wait listed at two PhD programs and if accepted want to know how things on that side will look.

To those who are accepted, how are the financial packages coming along. I know some of you dont like to talk money. I am wait listed at two PhD programs and if accepted want to know how things on that side will look.

I received the financial info a week after the first, unofficial acceptance.

For those waiting for Umass Amherst Social Pych. info- I got an update of the application via website, with no other notification. Peace&Violoence subgroup - denied.

I got my financial package with the offer so there was no hassle. It's pretty decent but not outstanding, but at least it's guaranteed for the entire time. It's 15K/yr for a 16 hr/week assistantship plus a $575 subsidy for health insurance.

I'm a grad student in social at Waterloo. We've had visiting students this month so I suspect all the offers have been made already.

Some of our undergraduates visited UBC a few weeks ago for visitation weekend, so those who were waiting for UBC may also be out of luck.

I'm happy to answer questions via PM if anybody has a question about a specific prof. Many people didn't take students this year.

On 3/10/2010 at 2:09 PM, just.tell.me.already said:

Does anyone know when NYU will come back with their decisions on who they interviewed? I saw that a couple cognition people posted, but no social...

I did not interview, but I applied for NYU's social psych PhD and got into the Master's program today. Found out via email :) Good luck to all!!