What is the smallest shoe size for female in US?

DaylilyLXX

I'm gonna study in NYU in the fall. Buying shoes especially high heels is always a nightmare for me because I have small feet. My shoe size is 34 EUR. Some one said it means size 4 in US someone said it is size 5. I am really worried about this problem, I love heels, do I need to pack more heels to US?

It depends on the store.  I'm a 10 & 1/2 so I've never had that problem, but I know in the outlier sizes sometimes stores carry them and sometimes they don't.  But I'm sure some children's shoe stores carry heels in NY, so you should be fine either way.

New York is actually one of the best places to find smaller- and larger-than-average shoes, so I don't think you should worry too much. If you search Time Out New York, you can find some store recommendations. You can also shop online as the previous posters have said.

I'm also a 4-5 in shoes, and I have a hard time finding shoes that fit in the US, but it's not impossible.  It's definitely easier in NYC from my experience, so you should be okay.  You will probably just have to visit several stores to find something that works--that's usually what I do; I have really narrow feet, which means I have to try on everything and can't just order a pair online. Also, most stores only get a few pairs of 5s and below for each shoe, so if you figure out what day they get new shipments in you can typically find some smaller sizes.  Of course you can get kids shoes too, but I find that's often difficult with dress shoes--I prefer mine not to sparkle.

It depends on the store. I'm a 10 & 1/2 so I've never had that problem, but I know in the outlier sizes sometimes stores carry them and sometimes they don't. But I'm sure some children's shoe stores carry heels in NY, so you should be fine either way.

Thanks for your help, sometimes I really hope my feet could grow bigger so I would never worried about this problem. :)

Online shopping is easy in the US, and if you care more about how they look than how they feel, that is an option. I imagine you will have to search to find a size 4 or 5 in stores, but it won't be impossible.

Thanks for your advice. Online shopping is a good option, I do this a lot in home. I just worried there is no EUR 34 exist in the State. I guess is my stereotype, I assumed all Americans are tall and strong. I should realize tiny girls are every where.

New York is actually one of the best places to find smaller- and larger-than-average shoes, so I don't think you should worry too much. If you search Time Out New York, you can find some store recommendations. You can also shop online as the previous posters have said.

I guess NYC is the best place to shop almost everything :) So excited about living in it!

I'm also a 4-5 in shoes, and I have a hard time finding shoes that fit in the US, but it's not impossible. It's definitely easier in NYC from my experience, so you should be okay. You will probably just have to visit several stores to find something that works--that's usually what I do; I have really narrow feet, which means I have to try on everything and can't just order a pair online. Also, most stores only get a few pairs of 5s and below for each shoe, so if you figure out what day they get new shipments in you can typically find some smaller sizes. Of course you can get kids shoes too, but I find that's often difficult with dress shoes--I prefer mine not to sparkle.

OMG we have the same fate LOL . My feet is also narrow, I would need strings for every kind of shoes. This definitely made things worse. I always wondering maybe EUR 33 would fit me better but I never see an adult shoe in this size. And I am not tall, but also not considering as very short in my country. So I got lots of questions like how could you stand&walk&run on your tiny feet! :( The only bonus is the extra small size is hard to sale, so it is always have discount!

According to this guide, EUR 34 is actually a kids size in the US: http://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion

If you really are a kids 3 (!), you can save a lot of money buying kids size shoes. For athletic-type shoes, though, definitely take a look at the kids department. They're substantially cheaper and sometimes you can even find them without glitter and Disney characters.

For what it's worth, I'm a 5 or 5 1/2 and definitely have some trouble finding nicer shoes in my size in stores. Sometimes I get lucky (and you figure out the stores around you that tend to carry smaller sizes), but I often buy online.

It depends on the store. I'm a 10 & 1/2 so I've never had that problem, but I know in the outlier sizes sometimes stores carry them and sometimes they don't. But I'm sure some children's shoe stores carry heels in NY, so you should be fine either way.

Really? I'm a 10 and it's almost impossible to find "nice" shoes larger than a 9. Sneakers, sandals, and plain dressy shoes are fine, but every time I've wanted something fancy for a wedding, prom, etc. I had to go 10 stores or shop online. Having internet shopping is great, because when I was a teenager looking for nice shoes for dances, online shopping was just getting started and my parents didn't trust it. Sometimes I had to drive an hour away to find shoes.

Edited by shadowclaw

• 3 weeks later...
Really? I'm a 10 and it's almost impossible to find "nice" shoes larger than a 9.

Marshalls? Nordstrom? Lord and Taylor? I actually prefer shoe shopping in the US than in Europe because I can find everything (even hot sale items) in a 10 in any store, and the fit is wider and taller than most European brands. This may be an East Coast thing, though. I do notice that we're all bigger and taller here (and we're all rowers).

Edited by ExponentialDecay

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping a slightly old thread to suggest Nordstrom Rack. Lower prices than at the regular stores and a good selection of less common sizes. (They also have a good selection of dresses if that's your thing. It's definitely my thing.)

• 2 years later...

Most brands really sell shoes starting at a size 5. I also have problems in finding good fitting shoes. In my case, I'm a size 9 1/2 but the problem is I have really wide feet and even wider calves. So shopping for shoes online and at the store has been difficult. 

It depends on what type of shoes are you looking for but some brands sell shoes starting at a size 5, I never had a problem looking for it. My shoe size is 5, the only problem that I get to encounter is when I am in search of a running/rubber shoes. I feel like the size is so big so I don't have a choice but to look for a good design in the kid section.