2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Harvard applicants/interviewees: Are you putting your fall 2015 grades into the application? I'm thinking about not adding mine since my application has already been reviewed and I've been offered an interview (stupid 2 A-'s -- insignificant I know, but they bring my GPA down ever so slightly).

12 minutes ago, bicsy said:

Harvard applicants/interviewees: Are you putting your fall 2015 grades into the application? I'm thinking about not adding mine since my application has already been reviewed and I've been offered an interview (stupid 2 A-'s -- insignificant I know, but they bring my GPA down ever so slightly).

I put mine in

2 hours ago, Earl said:

I have the same problem... Just FYI, UCLA is pretty unaccommodating when it comes to alternative interview dates.  Which one would you drop if you had no choice?

Ah good to know. I think at this point I'm going to drop UCLA in favor of TSRI and just hope I get an Stanford invite. For the UCLA MCIP program I applied to, based on their incoming student profile from last year it seems like the majority were MSTP or people with MDs anyways...

54 minutes ago, bicsy said:

I applied to bioengineering instead of biology, but I'm not planning on putting mine in, I don't think. I made my first B this semester, and I'd rather not showcase that right before they review my application! But I'd love other people's thoughts on this. They're the only school that lets me put in Fall 2015 grades. 

1 hour ago, bicsy said:

Congrats on the Harvard interview!

If you've already been offered the interview, I don't think there's much  point to add fall grades at this point unless you want to. I went ahead and added mine because I'm still hoping they will offer me an interview come January. But imo an A- is really good, and I doubt it would hurt your application at all, even at a school like Harvard. They just want to make sure you aren't failing classes:P

On 12/24/2015 at 8:59 AM, Caffeine Junky said:

I was really starting to lose hope after not hearing from UPenn or WashU, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night with an interview at my top choice- Scripps Florida!!! 

Congrats!!

15 hours ago, Cellfie said:

Hi everyone! Long time lurker with a question – has anyone tried asking for an alternate interview date for Cornell Weill? They only offered me Jan 20-22 and I have a conflict. Thanks!! 

I asked and they responded to me. They said they won't know until after January 4th if any alternate interview will be offered. (I guess they want to give everyone a chance to complete the survey form and then decide if an alternate date is necessary.) They're a top school for me though so at that point I just told them I could make it to Jan 20-22 and decided to forgo my interview at the other school that it conflicted with....

24 minutes ago, Cellfie said:

For those waiting on Cornell Weill (BCMB Program, at least), they responded to me saying they were "finalizing details" for alternate interview on Feb. 10-12! 

Oh, interesting! Ok sorry just saw this. Mine was for PBSB and I talked to them yesterday evening, so not sure what's up with that

@biosci @keviv1692 Thanks!! Yeah I will need some time to ease myself and take my attention away from the admissions until mid-January. Good luck with all of you, too, and still I'll keep lurking at this forum :P Merry Christmas! 

I noticed some people posted that they got accepted to UC Berkeley Chemistry recently :o anyone have any news on that? The posts said they were contacted by PIs but the application website says that they don't start contacting applicants until January. Was this like an early acceptance or is there no hope for Berkeley anymore? :( #feelingpessimistic lol.

Does anyone know how much late LORs can affect your application? I've gotten some interviews (UCSD, UCLA, UW Seattle, Caltech), but it's kinda distressing that people are hearing from Harvard BBS (and I haven't yet). I was wondering if it's possible that they didn't consider my application because one of my recommender's letters is marked as being received 12/2/15 (past the 12/1/15 deadline). Is this something I could email them to ask about? Or should I just continue waiting until I'm officially rejected?