Minor in psych?

I think getting as high a GPA in the major courses (SLP) would give you a better chance at getting into grad school than your grades in another subject. If you are done with all you SLP related courses then it could help as long as you do well and are able to connect your knowledge to being a strong SLP grad school candidate. I do not know all your details so I can not speak to any particulars. 

When picking up a minor, I suggest combining a practical skill with a social science; or social science with an applied/practical skill. For instance, professional writing, business, etc. Either way, it won't matter much in the Graduate School hunt, but it does in the job hunt. It shows variety in your skill set.

I was a psych major in my first undergrad and took a lot of human development-related classes (I originally was hoping to become a pediatrician). I do think they are helpful and relevant in terms of my professional interest in working with kids as a SLP. If you want to work with the elderly, taking gerontology-related courses would help you out.

If you want to do it for your own enjoyment benefit I say go for it.  But in my opinion it will not set you apart from other candidates.  I have seen a lot of out of fielders on this site that majored in psychology originally as well as the majority of people in my post-bacc program have their first degree in psychology.  So since it appears to be a common major to switch from I don't think having a minor will set you apart since a great deal of people that may be applying the same cycle already have a BA in that field.  Plus although it is complimentary it doesn't really show a school hey this student will be a better fit/candidate than the person without this minor. 

And as an above poster said good grades in your major will help more than diversified classes.  I had a minor in college and some of those classes actually lowered my GPA haha, upper division minors aren't as simple or easy as the same classes your first 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think it depends on the school you are applying to. My program director told me that he believes psychology and linguistics are the best non-communication disorders backgrounds to have. One thing that is good about psychology classes is that you will probably get some experience reading research and maybe even participating in research. I think this looks good for grad schools. At the least, it gets you used to reading academic articles, which is something that takes a while to get comfortable with.