2016 Applicants

Does anyone have any idea when UVA (University of Virginia) should be sending out emails? I know they said the first week of March but I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later!

1 hour ago, RMott said:

Does anyone have any idea when UVA (University of Virginia) should be sending out emails? I know they said the first week of March but I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later!

A couple people posted on the results board just now!

@flapjackal Thanks so much! Congrats to you too! I've just been so nervous, especially considering that people have been finding out about schools for weeks now and this is my first school to hear back from.

23 minutes ago, RMott said:

@flapjackal Thanks so much! Congrats to you too! I've just been so nervous, especially considering that people have been finding out about schools for weeks now and this is my first school to hear back from.

congrats!!

1 minute ago, slptobe92 said:

Has anyone else not heard from any schools yet? So far I've only heard from one and it was a rejection. The anxiety is torture.

I've heard from three schools now and they have all been rejections. I feel your pain. 

4 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

Have you heard anything from ODU yet?

Yeah I just got an email an hour ago. It was a rejection from the program director. Have you heard back yet? 

2 minutes ago, kgehlha said:

Yeah I just got an email an hour ago. It was a rejection from the program director. Have you heard back yet? 

Oh man I'm sorry :(

I haven't heard anything yet. Part of me wants to email and ask but the other part doesn't because I emailed them last week asking when decisions would be out and they said they would start this week.

When did you submit your app?

Edited by slptobe92

Just now, slptobe92 said:

Oh man I'm sorry :(

I haven't heard anything yet. Part of me wants to email and ask but the other part doesn't because I emailed them last week asking when decisions would be out and they said they would start this week.

That's okay. I'm just hoping to get in somewhere. I feel like everyone finds out and then I do days later! I totally know how you are feeling! I hope you receive good news from ODU and other schools too! 

3 minutes ago, kgehlha said:

That's okay. I'm just hoping to get in somewhere. I feel like everyone finds out and then I do days later! I totally know how you are feeling! I hope you receive good news from ODU and other schools too! 

Thanks you too!

When did you submit your ODU app?

2 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

Thanks you too!

When did you submit your ODU app?

I can't totally remember but I'm pretty sure the end of November, early December. 

Hey all!

Got my second rejection today, but staying strong. A little nervous since I have been rejected from 2/5 schools I've applied to. I had a feeling that these schools (Temple and UMD) were a bit out my league for an outright acceptance, but I at least expected to wait-listed. Can a rejection (rather than a wait-list) this quickly mean that there is a red flag on my application that I should be trying to identify? I can politely ask the program what can be improved on my application for next time? 

I found out that Salus has a later application due date (but has rolling admissions) and want to give it a go despite the odds. For the other schools, I have a feeling my SOP may be presenting me in the wrong light (even though I was happy with it at the time). Anybody care to take a quick peek at my draft & give some critical feedback?

Edited by honeydewthis
word

4 minutes ago, honeydewthis said:

Hey all!

Got my second rejection today, but staying strong. A little nervous since I have been rejected from 2/5 schools I've applied to. I had a feeling that these schools (Temple and UMD) were a bit out my league for an outright acceptance, but I at least expected to wait-listed. Can a rejection (rather than a wait-list) this quickly mean that there is a red flag on my application that I should be trying to identify? I can politely ask the program what can be improved on my application for next time? 

I found out that Salus has a later application due date (but has rolling admissions) and want to give it a go despite the odds. For the other schools, I have a feeling my SOP may be presenting me in the wrong light (even though I was happy with it at the time). Anybody care to take a quick peek at my draft & give some critical feedback?

I've only heard from school so far and it was a rejection, so I emailed someone in admissions that I had talked with previously asking what I could do to strengthen my application should I reapply. He was incredibly helpful in telling me what to fix and he even told me what they graded my essay (which was surprising, I thought it was really good but they found it average). I would just email and ask, good luck!

9 minutes ago, honeydewthis said:

Hey all!

Hi there! I would be happy to look at your SOP and give feedback, alghough I am no expert.

EDIT: and although I apparently can't spell "although"...  ?

Edited by Cowsy

21 minutes ago, Cowsy said:

Hi there! I would be happy to look at your SOP and give feedback, alghough I am no expert.

EDIT: and although I apparently can't spell "although"...  ?

i got a lot of feedback on mine and i think i can at least help? feel free to pm me :)