Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

Update: I got waitlisted by Cornell. So offers are all sent out. And if you do not receive anything from them in the next few hours re: WL -- then that probably means that you are rejected. 

4 minutes ago, s1994 said:

Update: I got waitlisted by Cornell. So offers are all sent out. And if you do not receive anything from them in the next few hours re: WL -- then that probably means that you are rejected. 

Hey what field are you? I am comparative :) Congrats on being on the wait list!! But looks like you already have amazing admissions from great schools! Do you have a preference over any of the programs you have heard from? I got my eyes set on UCLA but still considering Cornell if taken off the wait list.

1 minute ago, japaniia said:

Hey what field are you? I am comparative :) Congrats on being on the wait list!! But looks like you already have amazing admissions from great schools! Do you have a preference over any of the programs you have heard from? I got my eyes set on UCLA but still considering Cornell if taken off the wait list.

I am comparative/methods. I am emailing the DGS at Cornell to remove me from the waitlist so that other people on the list can be considered first if there is extra space in the cohort. Good luck to everyone who is on the WL! 

Just now, s1994 said:

I am comparative/methods. I am emailing the DGS at Cornell to remove me from the waitlist so that other people on the list can be considered first if there is extra space in the cohort. Good luck to everyone who is on the WL! 

Thanks, hopefully that can bump me up the list :) !!! 

26 minutes ago, Birdie said:

American University (SIS) is available online.

I didn't get in. Got to try and get from the office to home without bursting into tears on the bus.

My condolences. There's always next cycle!

1 minute ago, cableknitmanatee said:

No, I haven't heard anything since the initial email either. 

Woah you've had quite a successful cycle (based on your signature). Congrats!! What are your research interests?

10 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

My condolences. There's always next cycle!

Thank you. Not sure I'll do another cycle. I'm a good bit older than most applicants, have been at this since Nov. 2014 (feels so long ago). There are things in life I've been putting off to chase this dream. Really need to think about it, do a hard and honest evaluation of me as a candidate. Having "only" an MA from a top ten program isn't the worst thing in the world, right?

RIGHT?

In the meantime, keeping my fingers crossed for the two I haven't heard from, but mentally preparing to hit the job market yet again.

3 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Woah you've had quite a successful cycle (based on your signature). Congrats!! What are your research interests?

Thanks!!!– I've been incredibly fortunate. I'm a theorist with interests that bridge together HPT and critical theory. Feel free to PM me if you want a more specific answer than that.