Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

11 hours ago, HardPromises said:

Same. They've all been posted at strange times. It will be interesting to see if there are any other acceptances early next week, or if rejections start appearing instead.

I got a call last Friday around 10am from a member of the MIT admissions committee. They informed me of the acceptance and said that they're going to FedEx a formal letter to my mailing address with more details.

15 hours ago, yhorange91 said:

Anyone claiming the MIT admits? I saw several MIT admits on the result page but haven't seen any clarifications yet. It will be really nice if you can, because I don't want to have a false hope anymore haha....Thank you!

Also claiming an MIT. Got a call from POI late Friday afternoon EST, and he said it was the first call he'd been able to make; and that he had a number left to do. Sounds like they really trickle out according to Prof's schedules.

Just FYI, but American is closed today because of weather, so don't expect anything from them. Not sure about the other DC-area schools.

Every time my phone rings with an unfamiliar DC area phone number or my e-mail dings, my heart starts pounding and my stomach drops. Anyone else? (bah, usually it's some phone scammers or a groupon e-mail.)

37 minutes ago, twinsora said:

Just got official e-mail from Irvine from Grad Director, had a call last week. 

Funding package to come in next few days, same with info on visiting day. 

Same here. Well, they told me when the visitation day is, but I won't be able to make it because it's only 2 weeks from now.

Looking forward to the funding info. 

Does anyone know if phone calls to international applicants are common? I've got a five hour time difference from my remaining schools.

And mentally I'm taking MIT out of that category, because even if they haven't contacted to say no that they haven't contacted me kinda says it for them. Congratulations to those who have had acceptances. Roll on Yale.

18 minutes ago, wpg205 said:

I'm guessing Yale is coming out soon.  My application had all the materials in on time, but wasn't formally marked as "Completed" until last night at 2 AM.  

Could really use some good news...

Mine was completed last year. And it took 25 days for the status to change from "submit" to "complete." So I won't read too much from your status change on the online portal -- but yes, Yale will be out soon. If not this week, definitely no later than next week. 

16 minutes ago, s1994 said:

Mine was completed last year. And it took 25 days for the status to change from "submit" to "complete." So I won't read too much from your status change on the online portal -- but yes, Yale will be out soon. If not this week, definitely no later than next week. 

Mine was a bit weird but switched last year. They got my GRE score sent before the deadline but only marked it as received (and then complete) afterwards. Really hope that isn't enough to have sent the application to the bin.

39 minutes ago, Erpeno said:

Mine was a bit weird but switched last year. They got my GRE score sent before the deadline but only marked it as received (and then complete) afterwards. Really hope that isn't enough to have sent the application to the bin.

Pretty sure that the faculty don't review the applications until January or later. It just takes time for the staff to match your score with your file and then update it in the system. Don't overthink. And also, at this juncture, hopefully everyone has one or two offers in hand that she will be happy to end up with. If I get into Harvard or Yale -- great. If not -- I'm still really happy with what I get and can't wait to start a new chapter of my life in grad school. Good luck on your Yale application!