Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

5 minutes ago, mstonegm said:

I was wondering the same thing. I don't begrudge anyone their success and I hope they do well, but damn, what am I missing? This process is beginning to look a little bit like a lottery to me.

I would not say lottery, but "betting on horses" seems to fit better. You can make educated guesses, you can even know a lot about horses and win most of the time, and you can have bad luck with your picks even if they were carefully researched.

But I think that was a troll. Too strange.

I am wondering if Stanford (political Science Dept.) refers rejected applicants to its Master's programs as Chicago does since there was an option, I guess, in the application for such a consideration? If that's case, would it not be offensive to ask DGA to refer the file to a Master's program of one's liking if (s)he has not already done so or confirming for one if referred?  Any thoughts!

9 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

there is no terminal MA at Stanford

Probably referring to the MA program in International Policy Studies. More policy-oriented but seems like some faculty might overlap. 

Edited by flatwhite

2 minutes ago, dinhmoun said:

Someone get in Stanford with so low gpa and grew, but I still congrats for his/her success. But showing off with such low stats on the page with saying my third choice is really disgusting.

Pretty sure it is the same troll that posted a Stanford acceptance earlier. I mean I know gre/gpa play a portion of the decision, but something just seems off with two acceptances and low stats.

Just now, finalsenator said:

Pretty sure it is the same troll that posted a Stanford acceptance earlier. I mean I know gre/gpa play a portion of the decision, but something just seems off with two acceptances and low stats.

Especially since the person says they found out by checking the website. Seems like that's how the rejections came out, but the acceptances are over the phone.

Just now, ultraultra said:

there is no terminal MA at Stanford

My reference is to terminal masters at other departments such as International policy studies. Following is the text from the online application that indicates such a possibility. But I don't know if the department refers it on it's own or will honor a request to this effect.

Stanford.JPG

Was surprised to hear back from Temple University and RISD so early -- accepted in their Architecture programs! Waiting to hear back from UWashington, UOregon, UFlorida, UC Denver, Pratt & Parsons. Anyone else?? 

4 minutes ago, torideutch said:

Was surprised to hear back from Temple University and RISD so early -- accepted in their Architecture programs! Waiting to hear back from UWashington, UOregon, UFlorida, UC Denver, Pratt & Parsons. Anyone else?? 

Congrats on your acceptances! You might want to check out the architecture forum, which is here: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/60-architecture-and-planning/. We're all political science applicants in this thread/forum, so the schools are working on different timelines!

2 minutes ago, khaaps said:

Waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley ESPM and CU Boulder Environmental Studies PhD programs. Anyone else? Anyone heard anything? I also applied to UC Davis MS in Community Development and MSU's MS in Community Sustainability, accepted to both on Feb 5th and 6th respectively. Excited about that, but eager to hear back from the PhD programs. They say "by late March," but I'm hoping it'll be sooner...!

Congratulations and good luck with your remaining schools. This is the political science forum, you might have more luck finding people who applied to those programs in a different forum: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/26-the-menu/

7 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Congratulations and good luck with your remaining schools. This is the political science forum, you might have more luck finding people who applied to those programs in a different forum: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/26-the-menu/

Oh oops, I'm new to this. Thank you!

27 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Congrats on your acceptances! You might want to check out the architecture forum, which is here: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/60-architecture-and-planning/. We're all political science applicants in this thread/forum, so the schools are working on different timelines!

@ultraultra That was such a classy way to handle that. I don't know why, but that kind of made my day. Way to be!