Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

6 minutes ago, needavacation said:

Seems to me like Vandy interviews are either trickling out very slowly or are just trolls.

I was told in my interview that they were going to reconvene and make final cuts at the end of this month. So it's hard to tell. It seems that everyone would've already been contacted to set up an interview, as they had already decided who to interview by February 1st (when I was contacted and told they had narrowed it down to 40), but it's possible it's taking longer, I suppose.

10 minutes ago, needavacation said:

Seems to me like Vandy interviews are either trickling out very slowly or are just trolls.

The Princeton rejects posts are trolls? I have not received any email from Princeton. The regret letters are not automatically simultaneously sent to all the rejects?? 

11 minutes ago, HardPromises said:

I was told in my interview that they were going to reconvene and make final cuts at the end of this month. So it's hard to tell. It seems that everyone would've already been contacted to set up an interview, as they had already decided who to interview by February 1st (when I was contacted and told they had narrowed it down to 40), but it's possible it's taking longer, I suppose.

Gotcha. Sounds like I'm out then . . . oh well! 

Congrats, though! It's certainly an up-and-coming program.

3 minutes ago, Determinedandnervous said:

Got a rejection too. Congrats to those that make it in!

Same. Also found out my acceptance to UCLA won't include funding. Pretty sure I'm down and out for this PhD cycle, but hopefully some of my masters applications come through for me and come with some financial support.

Best of luck to everyone with the rest of the cycle!

And then that expected email from NYU finally came... Two confirmed rejections, three probable rejections, and three probably without hope (HYM).

Only a miracle. And I don't believe in miracles.

1 minute ago, Eobard Thawne said:

Is there any precedent for getting admitted from the waitlist at Michigan?

Yes. 

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Political Science, PhD (F15) Accepted via E-mail on 28 Feb 2015  A 28 Feb 2015
  • report spam
  • Accepted off the waitlist for Methods subfield. So excited!

50 minutes ago, Straightoutta said:

Got waitlisted for Michigan...very nice email. Makes it seem like the waitlist is short. Anybody who got accepted have info on funding yet? 

Yes, the email came with the formal acceptance and funding information.