Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

14 minutes ago, MauBicara said:

I just received a funding offer from LA this afternoon. I'd expect to hear from them soon, if you haven't already (and I will be at visiting weekend). 

Interesting - I wonder if anyone else has heard any funding news yet. Meanwhile, I'll be refreshing my inbox, hahah.

Princeton always was my longest shot, so I almost feel no disappointment.

Oh, wait. Of course I feel. I will have exactly zero offers this cycle, probably. I tried only very difficult programs; bad mistake. Life goes on, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Eobard Thawne said:

Literally just got mine 2 minutes ago.

Well, here's hoping I don't break my mouse.

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Princeton always was my longest shot, so I almost feel no disappointment.

Oh, wait. Of course I feel. I will have exactly zero offers this cycle, probably. I tried only very difficult programs; bad mistake. Life goes on, I guess.

Good for you on applying - I'm definitely a long shot for all the programs I've applied to as well. Hope you get in somewhere you're excited to be, or feel up to trying again next cycle.

Edited by DeputyDowner

Just now, DeputyDowner said:

Good for you on applying - I'm definitely a long shot for all the programs I've applied to as well. Hope you get in somewhere you're excited to be.

They're probably typing them and proof reading since the letters are personalized.

1 minute ago, DeputyDowner said:

Good for you on applying - I'm definitely a long shot for all the programs I've applied to as well. Hope you get in somewhere you're excited to be.

Thanks, Josh Lyman. I really needed some Josh to my current Toby Ziegler. :D

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Thanks, Josh Lyman. I really needed some Josh to my current Toby Ziegler. :D

Grad school makes me so sick I could vomit. #WestWingBestWing

Have you already heard back from other programs?

@Eobard Thawne, that makes sense. I'll problem be at the back of the pile if they go alphabetically. Probably also at the back of the pile if they go academically, if I'm being honest, hahah.

Edited by DeputyDowner

4 minutes ago, wpg205 said:

sending out acceptances piecemeal has to be literally the most painful and anxiety producing way to do it. 

Not going to lie - if I were an adcom at a top 10 program, it's exactly what I'd be doing. There's a certain sadistic streak to admissions folk. Too much power for anyone to handle.

Edited by DeputyDowner

3 minutes ago, DeputyDowner said:

Grad school makes me so sick I could vomit. #WestWingBestWing

Have you already heard back from other programs?

Only a rejection from Northwestern in the website (no email so far).

But at least some NYU and Georgetown offers were issued and I received nothing. Now Princeton. And then only four are left, and they are CHYM.

1 minute ago, VMcJ said:

Only a rejection from Northwestern in the website (no email so far).

But at least some NYU and Georgetown offers were issued and I received nothing. Now Princeton. And then only four are left, and they are CHYM.

I'd hold out some hope - there's still a month or two to go before everything's finalized. You never know what can happen.

5 minutes ago, s1994 said:

I wonder if these admits receive offers at the same time or not

Hard to tell. I personally am hoping they're not, but I assume that most initial admission email are pretty formulaic, so they can be sent out all at once 

1 minute ago, CarefreeWritingsontheWall said:

Claiming a Princeton acceptance here. Received the email around 4PM EST. I can't believe this is real!

Thanks for the information. Then I would say all offers are already out.

Thanks everyone! Was not expecting this in the least. So excited! I have yet to hear back from 6 applications - otherwise I've only heard back from GWU (I'm on their shortlist) and now Princeton today.

Edited by CarefreeWritingsontheWall

Hi friends, I wanted to get some opinions on how best to decide which college to go to. I have been admitted to five universities so far, some are better than others. So with that in mind, what are your thoughts? 

Edited by mwcain

1 hour ago, s1994 said:

Thanks for the information. Then I would say all offers are already out.

imho, this sort of speculation is completely unwarranted. It does no one any favors; in fact, it makes people needlessly upset because they think "Oh, I haven't heard a decision yet, I'm surely rejected!" and that may not be the case. I had this exact experience with an earlier acceptance, so I know not to get worked up about this sort of thing anymore, but I know many people still do get worried when a few acceptances pop up, and that's understandable. 

Neither you nor any others of us, for that matter, have any insider knowledge about the admissions processes of any given school (unless they've been personally contacted by someone from the department in question). Further, just because a school has done admissions decisions in certain, generalizable ways in past years doesn't necessarily mean they will do it the same this year. 

Specifically in regards to Princeton, there have been three acceptances reported; two out of three certainly are international students, and the other perhaps is as well (s/he did not indicate that). So, we have an N of 3. That is a very small sample size to make such lofty generalizations, especially considering that the data are self-reported and anonymous (therefore, relatively low-quality). I'd say it takes a much greater number of acceptances for us to be able to claim that "all offers are already out". 

I personally am not going to draw any conclusions about my Princeton status until receiving the official decision. And, I'll be sleeping soundly tonight; I don't know about the rest of you all... 

Edited by PizzaCat93