Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

8 minutes ago, wpg205 said:

At least for my applications, schools are definitely notifying later than last year.  

#LeapYearHijinks

On the upside, there's the New Hampshire Primary results to watch people blow out of proportion tonight.

Hey there! So a bit late to the game, but I'm still waiting to hear back from UCSD (saw they already sent out some admission decisions). Also waiting for a few other decisions. I'm not sure how the UC PhD admission system works and have seen a few different answers. Does UCSD send out decisions in batches or waits to hear back from the first few rounds? Good luck everyone!

Iowa emailed and said their decisions will be out in the next two to three weeks. Accepted at Utah w/o funding so far, just waiting on Iowa, Nebraska, Cornell, Minnesota and Idaho State (applied for MA and DA). Fingers crossed, this process is nerve-wracking.

I got into my first program and then crickets from the rest so far. It was a big load off my shoulders to be accepted, but man is this process stressful! Has anyone heard anything from U of Washington, Denver, or Syracuse Maxwell School? I'm finding those hard to predict. I am operating under the assumption that Stanford, Yale, and American will be a bit later than the rest of the field. Congrats to all those who have been admitted thus far!!!

My observation re: Princeton last year 

1) Most offers are out in the first wave of emails 

2) Second wave is mixed with WL and a few offers 

3) Second wave is almost simultaneous with the third wave of emails (which are rejections)

Edited by s1994

2 minutes ago, wpg205 said:

Did you hear about the waitlist by email?

Ya, they say the official emails about admission decisions will be out soon.

It was a personal email for me, but I think decisions will be out soon. Also whoever has a better offer, please decline the offer from Princeton! Thanks

I think (1) Princeton will send out all the offers either today or tomorrow, and (2) the person on the survey page heard from his POI, and (3) not receiving any email right now means that you are either accepted or rejected, since the WLs are out. 

4 minutes ago, panama said:

Also whoever has a better offer, please decline the offer from Princeton! Thanks

Lol.

Bold is my own.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone starts hearing something. Seems like a slow couple of days.

Just now, hegelianheadstand said:

Lol.

Bold is my own.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone starts hearing something. Seems like a slow couple of days.

who knows?, man.

If i have to choose btw Princeton and UCB, I will choose UCB for personal reasons. I got rejected from UCB though.

Anyway good luck for all!

2 minutes ago, panama said:

who knows?, man.

If i have to choose btw Princeton and UCB, I will choose UCB for personal reasons. I got rejected from UCB though.

I hear you, hahah. I just thought it was funny. Here's hoping someone wasn't really interested in Princeton.

15 minutes ago, wpg205 said:

Well if you get into Princeton then you will probably get into somewhere else quite good, so many Princeton admits will have to turn something good down. 

Fair enough.

Fellow UCLA admits who are stressed about funding - has anyone been able to find any information on previous funding for PhDs in the program in the past? I've been having a hard time finding anything online myself. And has anyone RSVPed for the Visiting Weekend?

I just received a funding offer from LA this afternoon. I'd expect to hear from them soon, if you haven't already (and I will be at visiting weekend). 

24 minutes ago, DeputyDowner said:

Fellow UCLA admits who are stressed about funding - has anyone been able to find any information on previous funding for PhDs in the program in the past? I've been having a hard time finding anything online myself. And has anyone RSVPed for the Visiting Weekend?