Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

4 minutes ago, mwcain said:

Just got an acceptance letter from the University of North Carolina -Chapel Hill! Has anybody else heard anything? Happy Monday all!

Congrats man. 

6 minutes ago, mwcain said:

Just got an acceptance letter from the University of North Carolina -Chapel Hill! Has anybody else heard anything? Happy Monday all!

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from a few programs, but UNC is the plan at the moment. Did the email let you know anything about admitted students weekend? My letter mentioned it, but there were absolutely no details.

7 minutes ago, yasir8959 said:

Congrats man. 

Thanks yasir8959!

2 minutes ago, HardPromises said:

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from a few programs, but UNC is the plan at the moment. Did the email let you know anything about admitted students weekend? My letter mentioned it, but there were absolutely no details.

Thanks for the congrats! My letter stated this about the visitation weekend:

"Finally, we hope that you will visit our department this spring, so that you can gain a better sense of what we have to offer. Our admitted students’ weekend is scheduled for Thursday evening, March 31 through a brunch on Saturday, April 2. The department will provide reimbursement for up to $400 in travel expenses, if you are able to attend. Please contact our Graduate Coordinator to make arrangements for this event." 

I'm not sure if you got the same paragraph, but I assume that they will send a schedule later on. 

attn: whoever wrote this, let's be best friends? I just barely stopped myself from bursting into laughter in seminar

San Diego State University/UCSD Department Of Political Science, PhD (F16) Accepted via E-mail on 8 Feb 2016  A 8 Feb 2016
  • Offered $121,343/year along with BMW lease for work and a Range Rover lease for personal use. Housing is condo on the beach to be provided by departmental funding. Three French trained butlers to be at my service. Regular foot runs from SH. Probably won't take it though. I'll just try to leverage it at a different school for some more cash. OSU offered me all of New Jersey to attend there, so yeah.
Edited by ultraultra

3 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

attn: whoever wrote this, let's be best friends? I just barely stopped myself from bursting into laughter in seminar

San Diego State University/UCSD Department Of Political Science, PhD (F16) Accepted via E-mail on 8 Feb 2016  A 8 Feb 2016
  • Offered $121,343/year along with BMW lease for work and a Range Rover lease for personal use. Housing is condo on the beach to be provided by departmental funding. Three French trained butlers to be at my service. Regular foot runs from SH. Probably won't take it though. I'll just try to leverage it at a different school for some more cash. OSU offered me all of New Jersey to attend there, so yeah.

I was just about to post something like that - I guess someone beat me to it :P

3 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Lmao! UCSD is a king maker! Now I can't tell if the other ones are jokes either. 

56 minutes ago, mwcain said:

Congrats! That's my Alma Mater! Go Tar Heels!

10 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

I almost posted something similar after I saw the original post and then my computer died.  Let's call it a day!

11 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Forget it, I don't want to hear anything today. This is everything.

15 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

Haha glad I could make you laugh :) happy to claim it! Best friends- yes. Here's to hoping we both end up at a CHYMPS? ;)

Sad that the mods don't believe my awesome stats though (jealous maybe?) and already yanked it. Glad you saved the memory!

Edited by bhudson

12 minutes ago, IndEnth said:

Shouldn't U Washington be out already? At least based on previous years...

I also applied for UW but haven't heard anything....

1 hour ago, IndEnth said:

Shouldn't U Washington be out already? At least based on previous years...

WashU should be soon. Didn't apply to UW, but it seems like it's also either this or next week

6 minutes ago, s1994 said:

UCSD admits, when do you guys plan to arrive on/leave campus for the open house? 

It's probably too soon since they said they would release more info about the event soon. I know I won't know until I see the schedule for the event.

1 minute ago, Eobard Thawne said:

It's probably too soon since they said they would release more info about the event soon. I know I won't know until I see the schedule for the event.

Oh I got an email earlier today with schedule & reimbursement info etc. I am planning to book the ticket ASAP since I do not get a lot of reimbursement for my domestic flyout

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.10.35 PM.png

9 minutes ago, s1994 said:

Oh I got an email earlier today with schedule & reimbursement info etc. I am planning to book the ticket ASAP since I do not get a lot of reimbursement for my domestic flyout

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.10.35 PM.png

I wonder if I didn't get it yet because I live an hour and a half from UCSD.

People who got admissions to UCI...have you checked your financial aid package (its listed online). I got 6 years of the social sciences teaching award...just wondering if anybody got non-teaching fellowships? It seems generous but it appears that this teaching commitment is for every single quarter...which seems exhausting? I thought first years didn't have to teach in most schools... :/ Anybody else get a diff. financial support package? 

1 hour ago, Eobard Thawne said:

I wonder if I didn't get it yet because I live an hour and a half from UCSD.

I received it and I'm also about an hour and a half away so you might want to double check with the department to make sure they didn't miss you or something.