Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

1 minute ago, PizzaCat93 said:

The Georgetown acceptance is me. 

Congratulations! Did your POI give some information regarding other acceptances?

8 minutes ago, ViniciusMJ said:

Congratulations! Did your POI give some information regarding other acceptances?

Thanks everyone! No, she did not say anything about others, except that emails with funding and other details will be coming on Monday. I don't know if everyone will be getting called or not. 

2 minutes ago, PizzaCat93 said:

Thanks everyone! No, she did not say anything about others, except that emails with funding and other details will be coming on Monday. I don't know if everyone will be getting called or not. 

Well, I think that is not bad news for me yet because I highly doubt any department will contact me by phone. Why spend the international call? Here's hoping...

2 minutes ago, ezra123 said:

It's very strange how some applicants are arbitrarily notified -- some by phone, some by e-mail, some via the website, some not at all -- even within departments and subfields. 

It really just depends on the POI. However, if you see a wave of rejects/acceptances on the survey page -- That probably signifies that the department has sent out these formulaic (yet formal!) decisions 

4 minutes ago, ezra123 said:

Bit of a slow Friday. Any word on decisions likely to be released next week?

My guesses are: 

Michigan~90% 

UCSD~100% (should be a chunk of acceptances mixed with a few rejects/WL)

WashU~80%

Columbia~50%

Cornell~50%

Stanford~50%

Princeton~70%

Yale~20%

2 minutes ago, IndEnth said:

I still haven't gotten my Chicago rejection yet. Not that I'm particularly keen on it, but it seems odd to send out rejections so much later than admits...

Chicago has already emailed all of its 22 admits. What's not (officially) out yet is the waitlist

1 minute ago, IndEnth said:

Yup. I realise that the admits are out. That's why it seems odd that two days later, the rejects still aren't. If it weren't for this forum, we'd all still be hoping.

Chicago didn't send out rejections until March last year. Duke hasn't sent out rejections either. It's pretty normal. 

1 minute ago, IndEnth said:

Yup. I realise that the admits are out. That's why it seems odd that two days later, the rejects still aren't. If it weren't for this forum, we'd all still be hoping.

Agreed...I discovered this forum late in the admission process but you guys have been so, so helpful.

I got on the Chicago waitlist...but given their acceptance rate this time I'm not hopeful :(

2 minutes ago, moe8 said:

Just received a UCSD admittance, after a UC Berkeley rejection and (probably?) NYU rejection.

I am ecstatic! 

By "just", do you mean you just got the email? Or did you just check your emails?

Edited by s1994

35 minutes ago, s1994 said:

By "just", do you mean you just got the email? Or did you just check your emails?

I received an acceptance email about ten minutes ago so it looks like they are still going out right now.