Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

58 minutes ago, Determinedandnervous said:

While we're in the eye of the storm of results, I'm curious to hear everyone's research interests.

Broadly, my interests lie in political psychology... The nature of ideology, prejudice, and the role of emotions in politics. 

36 minutes ago, elwright said:

Also behavior/psychology: Opinion formation/change (esp. "truther" or conspiratorial beliefs), partisanship, prejudice.

Hey elwright, will you be at the Stony Brook open house March 3-4? Several on this thread will be going and I am just trying to get to know people! :)

1 hour ago, mwcain said:

Hey elwright, will you be at the Stony Brook open house March 3-4? Several on this thread will be going and I am just trying to get to know people! :)

Assuredly!

17 hours ago, Determinedandnervous said:

While we're in the eye of the storm of results, I'm curious to hear everyone's research interests.

I am interested in the effects of Chinese foreign policy on developing countries. 

Also, good luck to everyone! This week will be another big one!

@elwright Hey elwright...just wanted to quickly check...did you receive any email of acceptance from Illinois and Michigan State...alas..I feel I did get rejected from  both the schools...I guess the rejection emails are yet to be sent out! 

On the overall topic of research interest - Democratization, political behavior and economic policy choices

research interests: post-soviet space, democratization (and failure of democratization), nation building.

I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 schools and every day that goes by without an answer--one way or another--has been more and more stressed out.

I'm a theory concentration. My area of interest is in the theoretical foundations of modern liberal democracy and the interplay between liberal thought and technology. 

I'm waiting on 7 schools! Received a waitlist from Davis and it's been silence from everyone else. Luckily none of my other schools seem to have reported much of anything! Hoping for Georgetown, Notre Dame, and maybe others this week... spooky. 

18 hours ago, Determinedandnervous said:

Governance through active citizen participation in context of international development & aid. 

What are yours?