Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

42 minutes ago, cableknitmanatee said:

It will happen later...though I agree that the UCLA email was frustratingly devoid of information 

Glad that I'm not alone in feeling simultaneously ecstatic and anticlimactic re: the UCLA email's lack of numbers (relating to, you know, how I will survive for 5 years)

E-mailed graduate director to know status on my app and he told me i am admitted (South Carolina). Funding decisions yet to be made by mid march. Said he was holding out the info till decisions had been made regarding funding. I am happy to count my blessings. 1 accept, 1 wait-list, 1 limbo, 1 reject.

32 minutes ago, yasir8959 said:

E-mailed graduate director to know status on my app and he told me i am admitted (South Carolina). Funding decisions yet to be made by mid march. Said he was holding out the info till decisions had been made regarding funding. I am happy to count my blessings. 1 accept, 1 wait-list, 1 limbo, 1 reject.

Congratulations on being able to get some good news. Best luck with the rest!

2 hours ago, cableknitmanatee said:

Congrats again to everyone!

The UCLA preview weekend/Friday is the same day as UChicago Political Science Day, so I may see if I can visit some other time...

When is the UChicago prospective student visit, if you don't mind sharing?

3 hours ago, japaniia said:

Claiming UCLA and UCI here. Also, wanted to share some funding opp. for poli sci which just opened up. Usually the APSA only offers its minority fellowship program during the fall, but looks like they have a second round this year. Check it out if you qualify! 

http://www.apsanet.org/mfp

Thank you so much for sharing! Oh but it looks like you have to be currently enrolled as a first or second year in a PhD program already. It even asks for an enrollment verification. 

Edited by Eobard Thawne

Wow, congrats to everyone! Looks like some good news came out late in the week after all. A bit bummed that I haven't heard from WashU yet. Hopefully next week...

And now it's the weekend - no worrying about notifications for two days :D

14 hours ago, Senioritis said:

For any of the USC admits, who did you receive a phone call from? Just curious! :)

I received the phone call from Professor Christian Grose, who is the director of Political Science & International Relations (POIR) Ph.D. program at USC!

51 minutes ago, studentpolisci said:

Awesome, congrats to all the California admits! Does anyone know anything about UNC?

re: UNC - I got an email telling me I'm waitlisted yesterday. From how it was written, it seems that all the acceptances have already gone out, but not sure, especially since there have only been two reported here. 

Edited by PizzaCat93

6 minutes ago, PizzaCat93 said:

re: UNC - I got an email telling me I'm waitlisted yesterday. From how it was written, it seems that all the acceptances have already gone out, but not sure, especially since there have only been two reported here. 

Thanks for the reply! I was really hoping to hear something from UNC, but I appreciate knowing that they have likely already sent out their acceptances.

UNC is actually (I think) still sending out acceptances - apparently. This year they're doing a "wave" system and sending out batches of applicants. No idea if that is done or if it isn't but I have a strong feeling they're sending out more. I was in the first wave and I think @PizzaCat93 was part of the second.

Just now, Hopeful57 said:

UNC is actually (I think) still sending out acceptances - apparently. This year they're doing a "wave" system and sending out batches of applicants. No idea if that is done or if it isn't but I have a strong feeling they're sending out more. I was in the first wave and I think @PizzaCat93 was part of the second.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification! 

Congrats to everyone who has heard good news. Keep your head up high if you haven't. You're all awesome regardless of the outcome. It took me two application cycles. It's hard, it's annoying, it's stressful. But don't let the process wear you down. 

Also, any Northwestern admits have any questions? Private message me. :-)