Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

1 hour ago, mstonegm said:

Congrats! OPTIONS!!!

44 minutes ago, mwcain said:

Congrats my friend! 

Thank you! Now I can deal with my Princeton and Columbia rejects in a calmer manner ;)

9 minutes ago, panama said:

Hey do you guys have any idea when Stanford will release the outcome?

It's quite late.

It was really early last year, but also pretty late 2 years ago. The date is really unpredictable for top departments like Stanford because we do not know how many applicants applied to them (and the # tends to vary a lot year by year). But I would say they will definitely release the result by the end of next week (probably similar time with Yale)! 

Edited by s1994

Just now, s1994 said:

It was really early last year, but also pretty late 2 years ago. The date is really unpredictable for Stanford because we do not know how many applicants applied to them. But I would say they will definitely release the result by the end of next week (probably similar time with Yale)! 

Waiting forever.. Thanks

4 minutes ago, panama said:

Waiting forever.. Thanks

If you can make it to Princeton WL, I am sure that your application has some strength that is eye-catching and really competitive. As long as your school list is long enough (and the fit is strong), I think you have a really good chance of getting an offer from a top-5. Good luck! 

1 minute ago, s1994 said:

If you can make it to Princeton WL, I am sure that your application has some strength that is eye-catching and really competitive. As long as your school list is long enough (and the fit is strong), I think you have a really good chance of getting an offer from a top-5. Good luck! 

haha hopefully.

I already got rejected from Michigan today, but it was not a good fit. I really don't understand how this admission process works. 

Good luck.

Can anyone tell me how much stock Georgetown places on GRE scores? I feel that the fit would be great and that I have a very strong application overall with the exception of my GRE scores.

3 minutes ago, Sbrail2 said:

Can anyone tell me how much stock Georgetown places on GRE scores? I feel that the fit would be great and that I have a very strong application overall with the exception of my GRE scores.

Depends who's on the committee this year, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Sbrail2 said:

I was admitted to Georgetown - I went to a grad fair that made it sound like they placed a ton of stock on GRE scores, but my quant score wasn't that great (156) and I was afraid it would really hurt me. My verbal was 163 though, so maybe that made up for it? It's always just a piece of the puzzle, and can depend on your fit with the faculty, etc.

1 minute ago, elisa8411 said:

I was admitted to Georgetown - I went to a grad fair that made it sound like they placed a ton of stock on GRE scores, but my quant score wasn't that great (156) and I was afraid it would really hurt me. My verbal was 163 though, so maybe that made up for it? It's always just a piece of the puzzle, and can depend on your fit with the faculty, etc.

Those scores are still better than mine haha

Just now, Sbrail2 said:

Very true but Georgetown is like my dream school, you know?

I totally get it. Princeton is mine and after seeing so many admits, I'm shitting a total brick over here. I keep saying to myself it's not over until I get the official rejection email, but man do I hope that email never comes...

Good luck - hopefully some people won't accept and you're up high on their list!

23 hours ago, linear98 said:

Has anyone heard from Georgetown? seems like a couple of people got admitted but I'm not sure if that is official.

Claiming a Georgetown admit. Got a call last Friday from POI and finally got an email today.

11 minutes ago, Determinedandnervous said:

My application still just says it's under review. Do you have any information as to what that means?

Unfortunately, no. But at this point it could mean anything. I think Rochester does not get that many applicants compared to other similarly-ranked schools, but at the same time it's not a large program either, so they would be hesitant to "over admit". So they might want to keep an implicit waitlist. It might also be they are not done sending out acceptances yet.

Their visit day is quite late (first week of April), which would support this theory (or alternatively - they want admitted students to experience more of a spring rather than winter weather :))

8 minutes ago, terefere said:

Unfortunately, no. But at this point it could mean anything. I think Rochester does not get that many applicants compared to other similarly-ranked schools, but at the same time it's not a large program either, so they would be hesitant to "over admit". So they might want to keep an implicit waitlist. It might also be they are not done sending out acceptances yet.

Their visit day is quite late (first week of April), which would support this theory (or alternatively - they want admitted students to experience more of a spring rather than winter weather :))

I appreciate it. Hopefully, they aren't just waiting a long time to reject me.

Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear back from NYU and others?? I know there are people who already heard back from these schools for either acceptances or rejections and I haven't heard back from most of the schools I applied. I really have no idea what this means... Can anyone enlighten me???

Edited by mmwithgradschool

39 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Would it kill Georgetown to just freaking reject me already? Purgatory blows.

I feel the pain...I've been in the purgatory for quite some time now! It's bad how they keep us lot hanging while already inviting people for visitation weeks! Actually thinking of emailing all departments that I am yet to year from and asking for decisions!

Edited by whatwasithinking