Submitted Applications 2016 Entry

hippyscientist

On 1/4/2016 at 1:53 PM, pavlovianlove said:

Got good and bad news today. Good because I saw an email from a POI from UIC telling me I was "one of the few applications that stood out" to her and she wanted to set up a Skype interview. Bad because the email was from 13 days ago, Dec 22. 

I stopped checking my email on Dec 20 because I assumed schools do not send out invites this early and because I wanted to regain my sanity by staying away from electronic communication for 10 days. Then I got the email on the 22 asking for an interview between then and Jan 1st. Replied the email to get an automatic response stating that POI is travelling until the 8th.

I swear I've had nightmares like this! 

On 1/5/2016 at 9:03 AM, lasirko said:

I am wondering if any of you know if the status of your application for schools like Upenn changes from 'Ready for review' to 'under review' when they actually begin looking at it? Or does it remain the same?

My application still says 'Ready for review,' and the deadline was December 15.

Edited by KingNikolai1

Finished 4/5 applications last week. First deadline was yesterday and my 3rd LOR finally got submitted today. I know the one day is nothing to worry about, but it's so nice not to have to worry about it anymore. Only thing left is to do a short video for Georgia Tech and the long wait will begin. Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, KingNikolai1 said:

My application still says 'Ready for review,' and the deadline was December 15.

Yeah- I submitted the 14th of December and I am sitting here refreshing every day to see if there is a change.

I am playing the world's smallest violin for myself.