Submitted Applications 2016 Entry

hippyscientist

So I thought I'd start a submitted applications thread for 2016, as I've just submitted all mine and now I'm lost! All the stress and organising and time management that went into these applications and with the click of a button and a credit card authorisation my applications for Fall 2016 are in. I can't quite believe it. Sure I've still got the stress of chasing after one of my LOR writers who is notoriously bad at adhering to deadlines, but other than that, it's now out of my hands.

One of my applications has a deadline of 1st November, and I figured if I was getting everything ready for that deadline, the rest could also go. Anyone else in the same position (this feels very early for most people)? 

I have a priority deadline of Oct 30 for my top school; other than one letter of recommendation all of my materials are already in! Since this deadline is super early and it's my top school, my plan is to wait for a decision and see where I stand before applying to any other schools. The rest all have February or March deadlines.

It does feel strange to be applying so early, but I'm trying to use that to my advantage - less stress, pacing myself through application materials, hopefully fewer application fees.

My application was due October 1st, but I was taking a stab and applying to 1 school for Spring admission.  I only want to go to this school, and have an advisor already locked in for if I get accepted... but this purgatory of waiting feels like forever.

I'm applying for Fall 2016 too! I'm almost done with all my applications but I always get to nervous to click the submit button ha. My plan is to submit them all at the end of October. I sent my transcripts and my refernces have already been notified. The suspense is already killing me

I'm trying to get all of mine done before Halloween; I've submitted one so far and am doing another this weekend. The only thing stopping me from having them done tomorrow afternoon is my SOP drafts not being perfect yet. After this weekend's open house visit I think I'll be able to mix and match and copy paste around enough to submit quickly and be stress free...ish...for a few months.

My application was sent in August, everything was done then and I've been waiting since then. I am interested in being a PA as well so there were a lot of CASPA applications as well. I only applied to one graduate school UW Milwaukee because it is my top choice for biomedical sciences and i'm still playing the waiting game.

All my LORs have been submitted now so it's just a waiting game. I contacted all my PIs to let them know my applications were in and I've had some positive responses back. I have my heart set on one school, and I'm nervous as I know my PI has two other's he's interested in, I just hope I look good enough to be accepted. Agh I hate waiting!

Has anyone here applied for Spring 2016? I had only applied to ETH Zurich for Spring, and if I don't get in, I will apply for Fall. I'm just waiting on my result, dreading another round of applications

Edited by Izospwox
grammar

I've set a deadline of Oct 30 for myself. Everything is due December or January, but November is going to be a cluster f*** for me academically so I am doing the scramble to get everything in now!

I feel like I may have submitted too early. Since they all went in I've been elected programme rep (the staff - student liason person for my masters), and I have become a research assistant on an awesome study and been given a tonne of responsibility (like running the entire vicon system). I mean my application wasn't too bad to begin with (I think) but I feel these are current and things that would strengthen my application. Agh. 

On the one hand, a small technical mistake is something one hopes to avoid. On the other hand, if said small mistake leads to finding out that your application is being reviewed, well then I can live with that! An email I received last week from the school said that many departments wouldn't start reviewing applications until after the Jan. 15 deadline. Looks like the department I applied for isn't one of them. Here's hoping I get a decision before they year's out. Good or bad. Waiting is the most difficult part at this point.

Submitted my first on Saturday (to meet a fee waiver deadline)...! That one had a different writing sample requirement than most of the others, so, I still have a lot to do for the rest (well, maybe. I sent an edited copy of my main writing sample off to a prof who offered to read over it and see if my cutting of a 30 page thesis chapter into 15 pages is working. If he gets back and says it sounds good, then the rest are pretty much ready to submit as well.) Hard to believe I'm almost to the waiting forever and ever stage. 

Submitted all of my apps as well. It was an intense process, balancing drills with the Marine Corps, finishing my Bachelor's this semester, and pumping out some of the best essays I've ever written. Now, I wait. I wait like a deer waits for the hunters bullet. I have less than two weeks to hear back from my top choice school, so I wish the time would just pass. I'm feeling your pain though.

Guest SIPA_MPA18

Submitted my three apps last week! I had one hard deadline of Nov 2 but I got the others in at the same time. Should hopefully hear back in 4-6 weeks from my top school, if not sooner. As stressful as it was putting them all together, now I just can't help but be anxious for decisions!

On 11/3/2015, 12:03:12, mpp2016 said:

Submitted my three apps last week! I had one hard deadline of Nov 2 but I got the others in at the same time. Should hopefully hear back in 4-6 weeks from my top school, if not sooner. As stressful as it was putting them all together, now I just can't help but be anxious for decisions!

I noticed you applied for Columbia SIPA - Ironically, SIPA extended their deadline for Spring admissions to October 31st so you probably could have submitted the same application for Spring and Fall! :)

I am a Spring '16 applicant for SIPA, so best of luck to the both of us. 

if I can make one recommendation to anxious applicants - do not review your applications *after* submitting! I noticed two rather egregious typos and I'm ready to book myself a room in the psychiatric ward. 

Edited by StyLeD

Guest SIPA_MPA18
12 hours ago, StyLeD said:

if I can make one recommendation to anxious applicants - do not review your applications *after* submitting! I noticed two rather egregious typos and I'm ready to book myself a room in the psychiatric ward. 

I second that! I've had to tell myself not to login everyday to check the status, even though I know that I'll get an email when they actually change the status of my file. It's a bit nerve-wracking. 

Best of luck to you as well StyLeD! Hopefully they won't make a decision based on a couple typos...they have to know how stressful it is!  After 40 pages of application, there's bound to be an error somewhere. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Edited by SIPA_MPA18

14 hours ago, mpp2016 said:

I second that! I've had to tell myself not to login everyday to check the status, even though I know that I'll get an email when they actually change the status of my file. It's a bit nerve-wracking. 

Best of luck to you as well StyLeD! Hopefully they won't make a decision based on a couple typos...they have to know how stressful it is!  After 40 pages of application, there's bound to be an error somewhere. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Your support has carried me to the promise land :)

For anyone else with cringe-worthy typos out there: fear not! I am living evidence that you can still get accepted when you title your header, "Spring 2015 Applicant". 

Edited by StyLeD