Submitted Applications 2016 Entry

hippyscientist

Guest SIPA_MPA18
12 hours ago, StyLeD said:

Your support has carried me to the promise land :)

For anyone else with cringe-worthy typos out there: fear not! I am living evidence that you can still get accepted when you title your header, "Spring 2015 Applicant". 

You found out already?? Congratulations! Hopefully that means the Fall early decisions will come out early too!

On 11/7/2015, 6:13:28, StyLeD said:

Your support has carried me to the promise land :)

For anyone else with cringe-worthy typos out there: fear not! I am living evidence that you can still get accepted when you title your header, "Spring 2015 Applicant". 

Ahh I'm so envious you've found out already - congratulations on your acceptance!!

I know I've applied for Fall and shouldn't expect to hear anything for a while but I just want to know. My mind keeps playing out scenarios of my life at the different universities I've applied to, and I've been looking at accommodation in the different areas but I want to know so I can start planning for real. Waiting never was my strong-suit.

1 acceptance received! Just waiting on one more decision and I'm done with that part. Of course, the waiting still won't be over because I don't think I'll know anything about scholarships for the MSW until February. Sigh.

Just got notification that all six of my applications have been received!  Transcripts, letters, all done!  Now... the wait..

It's going to take a while too.. some programs have application deadlines in January and February and don't start going over applications until then...

The one with a November 15th deadline made it by the cutoff though.. so I've got that going for me :) 

Submitted 3 so far.

1. University of Regina - MS Petroleum Systems Engineering (Spring 16)

2. Dalhousie University - MS Chemical Engineering (Fall 16)

3. Louisiana State University - MS Petroleum Engineering (Fall 16)

Will submit 2 more for Fall 16, to California State University and one for University of New South Wales (Australia). Fall deadline has some time to go for some places so might even apply to some more. Hoping for the best.

Profile:

International student with B.Sc Chemical Engineering (76%)

Research Exp: A petroleum refinery project (6 months)

Work Exp: Less than 6 months in fertilizer sector

GRE: 303 (That worries me)

LoRs: They should be good. One is from Head of Department and other 2 are professors who I get along with pretty well.

Edited by Fahad.Baloch

2 hours ago, EdNeuroGrl said:

For submitting early, there may be an edge for being the first group reviewed. For me, I got it done early mostly because having it on my plate and mind was a source of much stress. So I hit submit and I let it go :)

That's a good point! I keep looking at my essays and making changes to them. I'm just being pedantic now. Have you got long to wait to find out?

22 hours ago, smw0805 said:

Just wondering... Are there any benefits to submitting early? My deadlines are December & January. 

Some programs review applications on a rolling basis regardless of the deadline.  I know one program I'm applying to has a deadline in ... March?.. but they review applications whenever they get them and if I were to submit today, I could expect a response by the end of December or early January.  It all depends

I will be waiting until mid Jan to mid Feb. .. maybe later but that's when interviews happen... I would frankly be quite thrilled to get an interview or two :)

I got through about 5 drafts of my main essay then two of my edited for each... from there I just submitted. I listen to all my essays in a text to speech program and then submit :)

Since submitting I've FINALLY been able to get so much done!! Sure I'm worried about it but there isn't anything else I can do about it, so the slightly obsessive part of me is just not triggered anymore. Woooo! I am so relieved. I want to get in soooooo bad, but the process has sucked everything out of me (no joke I've had some serious doctors appointments in this time).  Now I'm like getting work done and writing papers! 

Thanks JR, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens then!

EdNeuroGrl, I had no idea the whole application process would be so intense and long! I'm from Australia and our application process is nothing like this at all. It doesn't seem as competitive as the States from what I've been researching and reading. I just want to know, too! It's one thing to move to a different state, but to move to another country on the other side of the world, it's going to be a task.

Christmas and New Year comes and goes so quickly. You'll be receiving acceptance letters before you know it :) 

Edited by smw0805

I'm waiting on my last recommder to upload her letter and my app will be complete!! I want to just tell her "upload the letter already!!!" 

but, of course I'd never do that knowing they are doing me this favor. I'm just so anxious to get a decision already. 

Good luck everyone!!!!!

I've paid for all five of my applications and I'm still waiting on virtually all my reference letters and I still have to mail transcripts to one school/upload two SoPs for schools with January deadlines. I feel so much more on top of this than when I applied for my MA! (Though, unfortunately, I noticed a typo on one of my submitted SoPs... argh.)

3 hours ago, EdNeuroGrl said:

Still waiting on my LoR for one prof. Due date for 3 of them is Dec 1st... she agreed to do it back in August. *frustrated* Everything else has been submitted.

So frustrating. Hopefully she gets it in soon, though thankfully most departments are pretty lenient when it comes to late LORs...

I've got 7/8 apps in! Everything is ready for those schools. The last school has a deadline of December 15th so still need to write the SOP for it...oops. But other than writing/uploading 1 SOP I'm all set.

Edited by Gvh

My last recommender finally submitted this afternoon. My first deadline is tomorrow. I've been freaking out all weekend- it made for a very stressful Thanksgiving. Lots of refreshing my email. 

Now that they're in, I don't really know what to expect, or what to do with myself. I've decided that I'll be okay if I get rejected from every program, but I'm really hoping for at least an interview. I'll be in here with all of you- good luck, everyone!

1 minute ago, jlt646 said:

My last recommender finally submitted this afternoon. My first deadline is tomorrow. I've been freaking out all weekend- it made for a very stressful Thanksgiving. Lots of refreshing my email. 

Now that they're in, I don't really know what to expect, or what to do with myself. I've decided that I'll be okay if I get rejected from every program, but I'm really hoping for at least an interview. I'll be in here with all of you- good luck, everyone!

Mine still hasn't gotten it in... Dec 1 is 3 of my 4 deadlines... :-(

I'm done! Submitted! Nothing else to do but try not the think about it. :lol:

After combing through the Results forum here, I think it's safe to assume I will know by the last week of Feb or first week of March. This might be a long winter!

Oh, I just found this thread! I submitted 2/4 applications. One of those has its deadline for the LoRs today and I'm also still waiting for the third letter.. the prof has a few hours left, I'll remind her later. A few days ago, she said that she'd submit it soon.

Submitted two applications. One due Nov. 15th, the other was due today. I've been anxiously waiting ever since I submitted for the Nov. 15th deadline, as that school happens to be my top choice. The waiting is driving me crazy, and it doesn't help when I know there are still more weeks to wait!