SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2016-2017

rugox

Just now, DanielaM said:

wowza. go trent. ... if anyone can get york to email the results, you may be my new best friend. or worse enemy, depending on the results :P

I don't want to harass that friendly woman by emailing her/going to talk to her again... but maybe if you call her and mention that other schools have emailed the results it'll prompt her to proceed in that direction before 4pm! :rolleyes:

I'm not at Trent. But yeah our graduate scholarship office emailed everyone and updated our student centre accounts. So here's hoping yours do the same shortly. I was not awarded a SSHRC but I did get a SSHRC Vanier. So I'm good but always reminded that this is sort of like throwing darts.

21 minutes ago, Lanie said:

I'm not at Trent. But yeah our graduate scholarship office emailed everyone and updated our student centre accounts. So here's hoping yours do the same shortly. I was not awarded a SSHRC but I did get a SSHRC Vanier. So I'm good but always reminded that this is sort of like throwing darts.

Ahh, Vanier results come out before SSHRC CGS. Congrats though, It's always good to know you have funding.

My university just e-mailed our results. CGS-D for 3 years. I am still in shock. Feel a little like I might be sick ;). I was waitlisted last year and was hopeful, but not really. OMG is this really happening? Time for my happy dance and I hope the rest of you waiting hear your news very, very soon!

Congrats to you both (Anthrogal, and Lanie for Vanier), so exciting!

But ahhh, SSHRC speaks of fairness in the process... Why can't all universities proceed the same way?

Edited by biggoalies

7 minutes ago, Anthrogal said:

My university just e-mailed our results. CGS-D for 3 years. I am still in shock. Feel a little like I might be sick ;). I was waitlisted last year and was hopeful, but not really. OMG is this really happening? Time for my happy dance and I hope the rest of you waiting hear your news very, very soon!

Big congrats, Anthrogal!! Can't believe the months of waiting are almost over... good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

16 minutes ago, Anthrogal said:

Congrats! Do you mind me asking which university?

Happy happy-dancing!

1 minute ago, DanielaM said:

Congrats! Do you mind me asking which university?

Happy happy-dancing!

Thank for the congrats everyone. I am at Western. I am not sure why all universities don't do this. Maybe larger universities with more awards take longer to process everything? I hope many more of you hear good news later today and next week!

1 hour ago, biggoalies said:

I don't want to harass that friendly woman by emailing her/going to talk to her again... but maybe if you call her and mention that other schools have emailed the results it'll prompt her to proceed in that direction before 4pm! :rolleyes:

Sent the email! I'll let you know if I hear anything!

5 minutes ago, DanielaM said:

Sent the email! I'll let you know if I hear anything!

I sent an email as well (I am at Concordia) and will let everyone know what they say. Congrats to all those who have found out!

26 minutes ago, Anthrogal said:

Congrats!!!! Wonderful news.

Hi all - I've been lurking on this thread for a solid two weeks now. Once I saw a few people had results I just could not wait anymore - so I emailed my graduate chair about 20 minutes ago and already got a reply! Successful application! CGS-D for three years! I am literally dumbfounded. I didn't even get forwarded by my uni last year!!

Long story short - be a pest and send an email!

Just now, gleefullygloomy said:

Just got a response back from my university (was super quick!) - was awarded SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. To all those waiting, an email might help alleviate the stress!

Did you email someone in your department? Or was it someone in grad studies?

5 minutes ago, gleefullygloomy said:

Emailed the external awards officer at grad studies.

Well, sent an email to my people. Hopefully UofA is as fast as your school was.

Response from the grad awards office:

" We just got the results today. We'll be notifying departments in the next few days here. Shouldn't be too much longer! "

UGH!!!!!!!

Edited by DealBreakerC

I emailed the external awards officer at my university (McGill) and got the following reply:

"Good morning,

We will be notifying successful candidates in the coming days. SSHRC will send, or has sent, result letters to all candidates." 

Not very helpful at all... :(

Hi everyone! Just popping back into the forum this year. Thanks to everyone for the heads up that the awards managers get the results early. Congrats to Anthrogal and others on the success! I emailed my awards advisor today, and she told me that I got the fellowship!!! I am more than thrilled! Last year I didn't even make the waitlist and I was completely devastated (and I can't even bring myself to confess the super low score that I received). Honestly my application was almost the same this year, so I just wanted to let everyone know in advance that if you don't get an award, then you should keep trying. A lot can change from year to year, and sometimes small details can make a huge difference. 

(I apologize in advance that I'm not going to disclose the university where I'm attending, but it doesn't hurt to ask your awards manager, whatever school you are at). 

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! 

Edited by solala