2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

Just now, brainsandeggs said:

Has Yale BBS for Neuro gone out already? I know a bunch of people have gotten Yale BBS but I'm not sure if the neuro track does it separately...? 

Each track does it separately, as they also have different interview weekend dates.

9 minutes ago, brainsandeggs said:

Ah thank you! Congrats on getting yours from Yale! Were you not Neuro then?

I applied for different programs at each school as my main interest in is neuroregeneration. So some programs can cater to that better than others. And I also want a more rounded graduate experience as I have an understanding of neuroscience from undergrad; I'd rather build up my foundation in biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology and take some more electives in the neurosciences. 

My Yale one happened to be MCGD, but their neuro program is great as well (I have friends in both programs).

2 hours ago, brainsandeggs said:

U Chicago Neurobio email this morning - it was from a POI but he said I was selected for an interview and to expect an email sometime in the next few weeks....So if you are waiting on them might be randomly timed!

Congrats! And me too! =D

I was thrilled to find an email from POI this morning, which also said a formal email will follow later. But since I'm an international student, they asked me for a Skype interview. The fact is I'm actually in the States now and will stay until Feb. Did they give you the interview dates? I want to try and ask them for an on-campus interview. :o

13 minutes ago, bishengke said:

Congrats! And me too! =D

I was thrilled to find an email from POI this morning, which also said a formal email will follow later. But since I'm an international student, they asked me for a Skype interview. The fact is I'm actually in the States now and will stay until Feb. Did they give you the interview dates? I want to try and ask them for an on-campus interview. :o

Yay! The email I got said early february - so either that first or second weekend, most likely. I would definitely let them know you'll be around and might be able to make the official dates. He said the formal invite will come via email before Jan 10th, which is pretty late in the game so maybe try and do some hunting to find the right person to ask, probably wouldn't be your POI if I had to guess? 

34 minutes ago, brainsandeggs said:

Yay! The email I got said early february - so either that first or second weekend, most likely. I would definitely let them know you'll be around and might be able to make the official dates. He said the formal invite will come via email before Jan 10th, which is pretty late in the game so maybe try and do some hunting to find the right person to ask, probably wouldn't be your POI if I had to guess? 

Sure! I will contact them, and I guess I will make it for early Feb! ;)

Did anyone on here get a Penn NGG invite? What are the interview weekends? A singular person also posted that they got a UMich NGP invite -- not sure if that was a troll or not, but if you're real could you share the date for that too?

Just got my first interview invite (Delaware Behavioral Neuro) and they want to hear back ASAP so I'm attempting to make sure I don't mess up in the nightmare that I've heard scheduling interview weekends can be.

28 minutes ago, den-of-thieves said:

Did anyone on here get a Penn NGG invite? What are the interview weekends? A singular person also posted that they got a UMich NGP invite -- not sure if that was a troll or not, but if you're real could you share the date for that too?

Just got my first interview invite (Delaware Behavioral Neuro) and they want to hear back ASAP so I'm attempting to make sure I don't mess up in the nightmare that I've heard scheduling interview weekends can be.

THIS. I'd like to hear about UMich NGP too

23 minutes ago, gs1992 said:

Penn NGG is 1/15 and 2/26. I don't know for sure, but it seems like they've sent out all of their interviews.

Someone in the other thread posted that his/her PI is on the adcom for Penn neuro and was still reading apps as of 2-3 days ago (so after invites went out) and said that he thinks there will be a second wave. I'm not super confident about it since it was just one comment, but Penn is one of my top choices so I'm trying to remain hopeful :) thanks for the insight on dates!

15 minutes ago, emk9312 said:

I'm wondering the same thing!

1 hour ago, fucun said:

Have all Northwestern NUIN invites gone out? Thanks

I didn't hear back either :( Boo... but congrats to those that did! I visited Chicago during SFN and liked it more than I thought I would!

1 minute ago, NeuroSC said:

Congrats all on Uchicago Neuro interview. I got one too and my email says its 5-8 feb. (Sorry the quote is not working in my phone)

Was your email also sent by a POI, or was it an official invite?

2 minutes ago, gs1992 said:

Was your email also sent by a POI, or was it an official invite?

It was sent by a POI and said this "

You will receive an official invitation from our program soon, and our administrative staff will send you details of the interview (Feb 5-8, 2016) "

I got a call from NUIN yesterday and email today! I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that they'll be sending out invitations in waves.

They have three interview options though (which is great)!

NUIN’s three admissions/recruiting events are scheduled for: January 14-15, January 28-29, and February 11-12.

Edited by Superres

3 minutes ago, Purkinje said:

Can someone link me to the "other" neuroscience thread?

Also, can we keep a running list of neuro programs people have heard back from?

There isn't an "other" specifically neuroscience thread -- just some people that are neuro applicants have been posting a lot in the greater biology thread - http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/67840-2016-applicant-profiles-and-admissions-results/