2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

55 minutes ago, SR said:

Same here, seems like not a lot of people got invites. Here's hoping there's another round. Best of luck.

Yeah, I looked at their history and it seems like this is rather early historically for them to send invites out. So hopefully there will be another round. Good luck to you too!

22 hours ago, nicedogs said:

Waitlisted at OHSU. Okay, which one of you neurds took my spot?

Sorry! I heard back from OHSU on the 22nd. On the brighter side of things, they have a stern warning to reply to the invite by the 30th or your spot will be given to someone of the waiting list, so it sounds like another wave of invites will be sent out early Jan. Best of luck!!

1 hour ago, ms_green_genes said:

Phone call followed by email.

Did you apply to CNAP? If so when did your email arrive? I only got a call so far. 

17 hours ago, Purkinje said:

For the people who got Duke, what were the circumstances of your invite? Call from POI or email?

Not sure if you're referring to the Cognitive Neuroscience or Neurobiology program, but I applied to the Neurobiology program. I just received an email, no phone call. 

On 12/23/2015 at 8:33 AM, Purkinje said:

NYU is my number 1 choice. I'm also praying for another round. 

Merry Christmas, all! On the application trail, got an email from my POI at NYU this morning inviting me to interview with the Psychology program (dates: 2/5 and 2/19). I applied through Neural Science but maybe not totally surprising since I work in human imaging, and I think all the people I mentioned in my app are cross-listed in psychology.

4 hours ago, wookiee_and_the_vet said:

Merry Christmas, all! On the application trail, got an email from my POI at NYU this morning inviting me to interview with the Psychology program (dates: 2/5 and 2/19). I applied through Neural Science but maybe not totally surprising since I work in human imaging, and I think all the people I mentioned in my app are cross-listed in psychology.

Awesome! That's weird that they contacted you for psych, but very cool. Congratulations, and merry Christmas to you too :)

23 hours ago, wookiee_and_the_vet said:

Hey Congrats on NYU! Would you mind sharing who your POI is?

On 12/23/2015 at 6:27 PM, SR said:

Anyone hear back from Mount Sinai?

Hi there - I heard back from them - the date I chose was Jan 26th since its midweek to make room for other stuffs, but they also have a weekend date. They could be doing rolling invites since a wave went out super early (like December 6th) and I can't believe they got all their spots that quickly. Could go by POI...

10 hours ago, brainsandeggs said:

Hi there - I heard back from them - the date I chose was Jan 26th since its midweek to make room for other stuffs, but they also have a weekend date. They could be doing rolling invites since a wave went out super early (like December 6th) and I can't believe they got all their spots that quickly. Could go by POI...

Congrats! were you contacted by your POI or official?

On 12/23/2015 at 4:36 PM, airchina said:

Hey proton, I got my interview by e-mail on the 17th. Interview dates are February 2-3 & 3-4. I spoke with the organizer on the phone and it looks like they were trying hard to get the interview invites out before the holidays. 

Best of luck to you! 

Thanks for the info airchina! I am assuming it is a no since I haven't heard anything :(

Hi guys, I just posted this on the life sciences page so sorry if this is a repeat! I've seen a couple people mention that they have Harvard interviews- is it for PiN (I know this is a neuro post but I just want to confirm). I know they say on their website they will notify in late December so I've basically given up now. In addition, anyone heard back from Berkley neuro or Stanford biosciences (neuro)?

If this helps anyone, I've heard back from Columbia, UVA, Emory, Penn, Mt Sinai, UCLA and UCSF.

7 minutes ago, neuronerd2016 said:

Hi guys, I just posted this on the life sciences page so sorry if this is a repeat! I've seen a couple people mention that they have Harvard interviews- is it for PiN (I know this is a neuro post but I just want to confirm). I know they say on their website they will notify in late December so I've basically given up now. In addition, anyone heard back from Berkley neuro or Stanford biosciences (neuro)?

If this helps anyone, I've heard back from Columbia, UVA, Emory, Penn, Mt Sinai, UCLA and UCSF.

If it helps, I've heard from Berkeley neuro (a couple weeks ago), Penn, NYU, and Indiana Bloomington (from my POI earlier today, says official invites haven't gone out yet). Also still waiting on Stanford neuro, and given up on Harvard and Columbia. Anyone waiting on UCSD?

16 minutes ago, neuronerd2016 said:

99% confident that PiN sent out all of their invites.... I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

5 minutes ago, wookiee_and_the_vet said:

If it helps, I've heard from Berkeley neuro (a couple weeks ago), Penn, NYU, and Indiana Bloomington (from my POI earlier today, says official invites haven't gone out yet). Also still waiting on Stanford neuro, and given up on Harvard and Columbia. Anyone waiting on UCSD?

I am still waiting on UCSD too.

Hi everyone!

I figure I should finally post and join in instead of just lurking!

So here's my list:

Interviews:

Northwestern, UNC Chapel Hill, WashU, UAB (Alabama), UC Davis, UW Madison

Still to hear from:

Hopeful: U Minnesota (heard that they invite early jan),  Stanford & UCSD (waiting til jan before losing hope). 

Vanderbilt (any info about if there's hope for me??)

Hopeless: MIT (i've given up hope)

Cheers and good luck to everyone in the new year!

2 hours ago, neuronerd2016 said:

I already replied in the other thread, but congratulations on all those interviews! I thought UCSF Neuro hasn't sent out invites yet. Did you apply to that program, or Tetrad, or BMS?