2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

9 minutes ago, den-of-thieves said:

There isn't an "other" specifically neuroscience thread -- just some people that are neuro applicants have been posting a lot in the greater biology thread - http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/67840-2016-applicant-profiles-and-admissions-results/

Ahh, thanks Den! Does anyone think that all of the Princeton interview notifications have been sent out? Haven't heard back.

1 hour ago, proton said:

I also haven't heard back from anywhere yet! Congrats to everyone who has! Any news is better than none

same. well I got rejected from OHSU but haven't heard from Colorado- Denver and Boulder, UW Seattle, Vanderbilt NGP. Has anyone heard from those schools yet? I saw on the survey that Denver has contacted a few. 

The neuro programs seem to be slower than some of the other bio departments... I've only heard from 2 of the 6 that I applied, but I am very grateful for the ones that I've received.

2 hours ago, hoste058 said:

same. well I got rejected from OHSU but haven't heard from Colorado- Denver and Boulder, UW Seattle, Vanderbilt NGP. Has anyone heard from those schools yet? I saw on the survey that Denver has contacted a few. 

1 hour ago, Micecroscopy said:

I got an invite from NYU this evening

Interviews are on Thursday and Friday, January 28-29 or Thursday and Friday, February 11-12

Oh congrats!! This is a heartbreaker for me though as NYU is definitely at the top of my list :( . I was really hoping for that one! 

1 hour ago, Micecroscopy said:

I got an invite from NYU this evening

Interviews are on Thursday and Friday, January 28-29 or Thursday and Friday, February 11-12

Oh btw did you indicate Sackler or Neural science as your preference? Maybeee theres still things to be sent out??

51 minutes ago, brainsandeggs said:

Oh btw did you indicate Sackler or Neural science as your preference? Maybeee theres still things to be sent out??

I believe I indicated Neural Science, but I think they're now all reviewed by the same committee.

6 minutes ago, peachuzz34 said:

Hey Guys ! I got the official email invitation from MIT today. Not sure if they send them all at once though.

congratulations!

8 hours ago, Micecroscopy said:
9 hours ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

No one's heard back from Columbia or Davis right?

I didn't apply to Davis and haven't heard back from Columbia. I'm surprised, though, since Columbia's interviews are January 21-22 and February 4-5.

The Columbia Neuro invites went out this evening

2 minutes ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

Did you get one? That's amazing. How do you know they all went out though?

I don't know if they all went out, but I did get one. They said the program coordinator would be in touch next week so I assume the initial email went out today and then they'll follow up before the holidays.

8 minutes ago, Micecroscopy said:

I don't know if they all went out, but I did get one. They said the program coordinator would be in touch next week so I assume the initial email went out today and then they'll follow up before the holidays.

Did you get the email from a POI or the program itself? 

2 hours ago, Micecroscopy said:

The Columbia Neuro invites went out this evening

Congrats! I just checked my email and I'll see you there! I think there is a lot of overlap in the schools we applied to.

Are you going in Jan or Feb?

8 minutes ago, LWT said:

Looks like some vandy emails went out on sat...any word on an interview date from anyone? POI contact or an official email?

Sorry I don't know about Vanderbilt but I see you also applied to Minnesota. Is your sig up to date on that?

Edited by StrongTackleBacarySagna

39 minutes ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

Sorry I don't know about Vanderbilt but I see you also applied to Minnesota. Is your sig up to date on that?

I got email from Vanderbilt and they said interview dates Feb 4-5 but I just got it yesterday and people had already posted about it so I bet it is coming over days. It wasn't the adcom email but like the director